Blue Runner Red Bean HELP

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
cstoehr

Re: Blue Runner Red Bean HELP

Post by cstoehr »

hungryone wrote:Speaking of BlueRunner red beans, BR is hosting a sweepstakes: http://www.bluerunnerfoods.com/stopwishingofishin.html
First prize is an all-expenses-paid saltwater fishing tournament trip; other prizes include fishing tackle, sunglasses, marine gear, etc.
just to add....a couple of the Blue Runner guys launch an awesome Blue Runner boat at Mandeville a lot. I would love to win a fishing trip on that. Just saw them the other day going down I-12.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Ya'll love em?
Rouse has them on sale...10 FOR $10!

Buy them all!
Please!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

LOL, I saw that Oyster. I bought them all right.... to put in a care package I'm shipping to my son in New York. I also bought Crystal hot sauce, CDM, Tony's and Mahatma Long Grain rice.

(you outta see what passes for "long grain rice" in other parts of the country.. it's a JOKE). :(
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
buzd

Post by buzd »

He can't get Tony's in New York?
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

buzd, my son is a Franciscan friar... everything they get to eat has been donated to them. He lives in a friary in Harlem... and no, he doesn't get Tony's, or Crystal, or any kind of coffee, much less with chickory, which he loves.

Not kidding here... if anyone wants to make donations of foodstuffs to them, (they feed the hungry through soup kitchens in Harlem and Brooklyn), just pm me and I'll give you the address. :)

Hey.. thanks for the opening for the plug. ;)
JudiB
buzd

Post by buzd »

Like Franciscan the wine?

(j/k :))

Can he accept money with which to buy food? What about perishables? (shrimps come to mind)
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

Buzd, yes to both questions... the money that is received as donations usually goes to the soup kitchen or men's shelter.

When I send "treats" I send them to the particular friary where he is, with his name on it. So far they've been able to keep what I send and eat it themselves.

There is a grocery nearby, a mom and pop place, that donates their older produce and bread. They usually keep that to feed themselves. LOL when he was home for Christmas he just loved eating bunny bread... because it was soft. Sigh....

You know originally, most monasteries supported themselves by growing their own foodstuffs... and making wine to sell. :) I don't know about the Franciscan wine though, there are a bunch of different Franciscan orders, the one my son is with doesn't have a vineyard. Franciscans are friars though.. so I would doubt it. (Monks live in the country, secluded, Friars live in the city evangelizing).

But heck... what do I know? I'm learning as we go here. lol
JudiB
jane dough

Post by jane dough »

buzd wrote:Like Franciscan the wine?

(j/k :))

Can he accept money with which to buy food? What about perishables? (shrimps come to mind)

Or would that be parishables? (Sorry > Just couldn't resist!)
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Love BR red beans or white beans. Hubby likes to mix them with rice and ham. I go for just the beans and ham. I like that creamy taste.
My mother-in-law just dies when we talk about it. She would never eat beans from a can. She calls us just about every Monday to come by and pick up our beans from her which is just fine with me. :chuckle:

As for celery being salty, never have had the experience of finding it salty. Never thought of putting salt on celery either. I use very little salt because my father had high bp by the time I was discovering food. My mother would scream at him constantly about using so much salt. Then, she tried to switch him to that metallic tasting salt subtitute. That stuff was just awful. :covri: