Best American Band of all time

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
Admin

Re: Best American Band of all time

Post by Admin »

PNG wrote:Still more non american people being added. Make up your mind.
Who, exactly, has been suggested that is non-American since you previously complained?
PNG

Post by PNG »

Not complaining, just pointing out as others have done. Need to define "american band." Neil Young, Brian Adams, The Clash, Gene Simmons is an Israeli. Do you mean a band formed in the usa regardless of what nationality the members are, or just a band that became popular in the states regardless of the nationality of the band members?
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Admin wrote:Just curious. Who among the aforementioned do you consider not a band?

Beach Boys :confused:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Admin

Post by Admin »

Funny, every time I see The Beach Boys, they're all playing instruments; even Mike Love, if only a tambourine.
Admin

Post by Admin »

PNG wrote:Need to define "american band." Neil Young, Brian Adams, The Clash, Gene Simmons is an Israeli.
Last time I checked, Canada was still a part of the Americas, if we're splitting hairs that fine, bam bam is still trolling with posts like that, and Gene Simmons has yet to release a record in Yiddish. Try to have a little more fun with these things, OK? Do you have a nomination?
JonSmith

Post by JonSmith »

I was a kid of the 80's, so I have some bias, but:

for kicking a$$:
Rush (NORTH American)
Van Halen (pre 1984)
and of course, The Crüe!

for cerebral pleasure:
Uncle Tupello

for funking you to death:
The Meters
"I wonder...what the Vintners buy one half so precious as the stuff they sell." - Omar Khayyam
PNG

Post by PNG »

Admin wrote:Last time I checked, Canada was still a part of the Americas, if we're splitting hairs that fine, bam bam is still trolling with posts like that, and Gene Simmons has yet to release a record in Yiddish. Try to have a little more fun with these things, OK? Do you have a nomination?
Lighten up! Why are you ignoring the continents of Central and South America if your definition of American is in place? PLease list the great bands from those continents that you think are great. Or just lighten the fuck up!
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................
Hadacol

Post by Hadacol »

Los Lobos.

They have a body of work that is just about impossible to touch. Talented musicians all, broad expanse of styles, and David Hidalgo has a voice that is unmatched. The guy can sing.