Where's Neil Young These Days?

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
Schuarta

Where's Neil Young These Days?

Post by Schuarta »

Low-N-Slow wrote:Note-for-note, Neil Young on Cinnamon Girl. ;)
Prompted Schuarta to ask:

Sometime in the early 1970's, we equipped a mobile recording unit to record his tour dates. He was touring at that time with an unknown named Linda Ronstadt. Where is Neil Young today, and what is he doing?

:confused:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Re: Best Rock Guitar Solo Ever

Post by NoNoNanette »

Schuarta wrote:Sometime in the early 1970's, we equipped a mobile recording unit to record his tour dates. He was touring at that time with an unknown named Linda Ronstadt. Where is Neil Young today, and what is he doing?

:confused:
I think that he recently was battling a brain tumor or something.

Love his music, but when he starts speaking political bs, I tune him out. Wish performers would shut up and play.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Schuarta wrote:Sometime in the early 1970's, we equipped a mobile recording unit to record his tour dates. He was touring at that time with an unknown named Linda Ronstadt. Where is Neil Young today, and what is he doing?
Not sure. But there's a "BBC Crown Jewels" episode still on my DVR I just can't erase. Basically, it's like a "Neil Young Unplugged", from the early 70s. Just him on piano, guitar and harmonica. He keeps apologizing for playing a bunch of new stuff the audience hasn't heard of before-- like most of the Harvest album.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

He's pretty much dedicated himself to his autistic son.
They have an impressive model train setup on which they were spending considerable time and money.

Neil Young is a Super Dad.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds
bdavid

Re: Where's Neil Young These Days?

Post by bdavid »

Actually his kids are not autistic. Both of them, statistically amazing, have cerebral palsy. He and his wife have done a magnificent job working with these kids (now adults).
Mac da Knife

Post by Mac da Knife »

bdavid wrote:Actually his kids are not autistic. Both of them, statistically amazing, have cerebral palsy. He and his wife have done a magnificent job working with these kids (now adults).

Thanks B, I stand corrected.
“When you say, ‘I wrote a program that crashed Windows,’ people just stare at you blankly and say, ‘Hey, I got those with the system, for free.’” - Linus Torvalds
PNG

Post by PNG »

Statistically, it is "impossible" for a couple to have two kids with CP since it is so rare and not a genetic condition. Neil and his wife did it though. He was named artist of the decade for several decades. If anyone saw him in New Orleans in the early eighties, you will know how wacky he can be. Must be the genius artist thing.
AS WITH GOD, I TOO WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS................