Kanye Does It Again...What An A**!!

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
globe9

Kanye Does It Again...What An A**!!

Post by globe9 »

Was watching the MTV Video Music Awards last night and Kanye has done it again. Why is this dude such a douche?!?

Taylor Swift, sweet little 19 year old country girl, won an award for best music video, or something. She came up on stage and was so excited and surprised. She said she never expected to ever be up there accepting a VMA b/c she's a country singer.......well then Kanye gets up on stage and takes the microphone away from Taylor and goes on to basically say that Beyonce had the best music video and she should have won....the cameras pan to Beyonce who looked MORTIFIED. MTV quickly went to a commercial.

For the rest of the broadcast, everytime Kanye was mentioned or nominated for something, the entire audience booed him. It was quite amusing.

Pink, the singer, tweeted that "Kanye is a complete a**hole, and you can quote me on that". Later on she tweeted that Kanye was kicked out of the VMA's. This was not shown on television, but I wish it would have been. His behavior is just not acceptable and kids are watching these things and may think it's ok to be totally classless in a situation like this. Whether I like it or not, Kanye is a role model to someone.

At the end of the show, Beyonce won an award(don't remember what). She got up on stage and said she remembered how it was when she won her first award while in Destiny's Child and what the moment meant to her. She then called Taylor Swift back on stage to give her, her moment back. Taylor came back on and finished giving her speech. Beyonce didn't get to say anything more, but I thought that was the coolest thing! Bravo to Beyonce!

Today I read that Taylor said she was so excited to be on stage winning that award and when Kanye came up, her first thought was to be excited b/c she was onstage with Kanye West. Then he grabbed the microphone.... What a sweet kid and Kanye should NEVER be invited to another award show ever!
spudly

Re: Kanye Does It Again...What An A**!!

Post by spudly »

I don't buy his music. And I never will.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I missed it, but apparently it is all the entertainment news sites are talking about. Talk about low class.
Sine qua non
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

He did it because George Bush doesn't like black people. Same reason Bush blew up the levees. Remember???
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

sounds like a beer summit op for Obama w/Kanye &Taylor and Serena & the line judge.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Too bad she wasn't prepared and hauled off and hit him in the mouth with the award. This is like the 8th time he's done this. Why isn't security around to grab this a** when he starts on stage? And shame on MTV for encouraging him by inviting him back so many times. They should ban him from the stage.
I saw the re-run of the Serena incident. I'm ashamed to say it but I found it a bit humorous. That little woman was running around like Serena really was going to attack her. She told the judge that she said she was going to kill her and Serena said no. Then the judge whispers something to Serena and she says yeah, I said that but I didn't say I'd kill her. I'm sure shoving a ball up her a** would hurt but I don't think it would kill her.
Now if we could just get Kanye and Serena in Celebrity Death Match. :whip:
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Doesn't look like Kanye will get an invite to a beer summit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/14/obama-kanye-is-a-jackass_n_286623.html
Now this is more like it.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Appears to be humbling himself before Jay Leno as we speak... I wouldn't call myself a Beyonce fan (just not my kind of music), but stepping up and giving Taylor her moment back was classy.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

He does seem sincere. Especially when Jay asked about his Mom. Mega sore spot. Not a Hugh Grant moment for Jay, but interesting none the less.

In other news, Rhianna looks gorgeous.

Yes, Bouncy did good last night. Especially the way she told the story of her first time at the VMA's and being so excited and nervous. Sweet. And Admin, how can you not like "Put a Ring on it"? Uh uh oh Uh uh oh!
Now this is more like it.
Admin

Post by Admin »

My kind of music does not require choreography... Although there is an SNL spoof of that video, featuring Justin Timberlake, I find quite amusing.