40th Anniversary of Woodstock

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
Titchou

40th Anniversary of Woodstock

Post by Titchou »

Get out your love beads, light up a doobie and make love, not war! One of the stations here is playing all Woodstock acts today. Where did the time go?
One toke over the line, Sweet Jesus, one toke over the line....
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.
bdavid

Re: 40th Anniversary of Woodstock

Post by bdavid »

Too funny. What a summer that was...I was working as a chauffeur north of Toronto - tried to get down to Woodstock but didn't make it. Did you go?
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

It looks so dirty and gross (IMO).....

Interesting Newsweek article:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/211496
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

bdavid wrote:Too funny. What a summer that was...I was working as a chauffeur north of Toronto - tried to get down to Woodstock but didn't make it. Did you go?
No....wanted to but getting there from Birmingham was not so easy back then. And I had just gotten engaged and was in the throes of wedding plans...and it was a great summer! Visited some friends in Boulder - totally amazed at the drug paraphenalia for public sale. Against the law in AL at the time...probably still is!

One of the great omissions of my life...along with turning down an invite to the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Too funny about drug paraphernalia, Titchou!

I can remember being on a return flight from Denver, very carefully holding a BONG on my lap for my big brother....a beautiful big-arse water pipe.... I was probably 10 years old.... didn't smoke dope at the time, but knew that he did. (Ric is 10 years older than myself...always worshiped/idolized him....still do!) :)

Your post brought a real smile to my face! Happy Saturday, baby!:toast:
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

Oh, Nan, too funny! I brought a brass pipe back for a friend...all broken down into the various parts so the Gestapo wouldn't confiscate it! I was a nervous wreck. One little roach could get you sent up the river for life here! (I also brought back a 6 pack of Coors for my dad as they didn't sell Coors east of the Rockies back then - they would have thrown me under the Birmingham jail!)

My sister and I had heard that you could soak cigarettes in paregoric and get high. Well, she had some for her little boy (that's what everyone had in the 60's and 70's for the kids' upset tummies) so we tried it. Oh how funny! The first thing we figured out was there was no way to smoke it while it was wet fromt he soaking. So we dried it out in the oven on a cookie sheet! I don't know if we got high from that or from hyperventilating from the laughter over it all!!!!!!! It's a wonder we made it thru our 20's.....
buzd

Post by buzd »

A proto pipe?

bdavid

Post by bdavid »

Titchou wrote:

My sister and I had heard that you could soak cigarettes in paregoric and get high. Well, she had some for her little boy (that's what everyone had in the 60's and 70's for the kids' upset tummies) so we tried it. Oh how funny! The first thing we figured out was there was no way to smoke it while it was wet fromt he soaking. So we dried it out in the oven on a cookie sheet! I don't know if we got high from that or from hyperventilating from the laughter over it all!!!!!!! It's a wonder we made it thru our 20's.....
I remember one week-end trying to make 'mellow yellow' - a la the old Donovan song. We'd heard somewhere that roasting the inner threads of a banana peel made mellow yellow - you rolled the stuff up and smoked it. It was horrible! Didn't work, either.
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

Oh my gosh! Never heard of that one. Am sure we would have tried if we had!
buzd

Post by buzd »

I never realized that Woodstock was the same weekend that Camille hit the Gulf Coast. The Times Pic has an interesting graphic overlaying the two timelines.