I really like music/what are you listening to?

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3
Admin

Re: I really like music/what are you listening to?

Post by Admin »

As we have mentioned previously, certain off-topic threads in The Lounge, after a few days with no responses, will be moved to an appropriately-topical sub-forum. We do this in an effort to feature topics we believe to have value over-and-above regular chit-chat.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

The unlikely fusion of glam-metal and blues-rock-- from 1988, Cinderella's Long Cold Winter. The radio hit was "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)", but the album is filled with other gems including "Coming Home", "Last Mile", "Gypsy Road", and the bluesiest of them all, the title track.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Todd Rundgren. Went to Dorignac's early this morning to avoid the impending downpour. Was quite surprised-- shocked even-- to hear Rundgren's "Couldn't I Just Tell You" on the Muzak. The cut was from the same 1972 double album that produced "Hello, It's Me" and "I Saw The Light". I hold this particular album in a special place, because, up until the time I obtained it, I had mostly collected 45rpm singles. This was one of the earliest LPs I owned, my Mom having brought it home from the record store. There was always music in our house, and it was probably one of those trips where she bought something by Johnny Rivers, or The Lettermen, or Nat King Cole, that she thought to ask the shopkeeper what her son might enjoy. The cut in question was always one of my favorites-- relationship angst buried in radio-friendly pop jangle, a little rough around the edges, but forgiveable since three quarters of the album was written, produced and performed solely by Rundgren himself. The fourth side was nothing to sneeze at, in terms of talent-- the Brecker brothers, Rick Derringer, John Siomos (Frampton Comes Alive), Jim Horn, Tony and Hunt Sales (Soupy's boys, who later worked with Iggy Pop and Bowie), Vicky Sue Robinson (Turn The Beat Around), Rick Vito (Fleetwood Mac), and even (allegedly) Edward James Olmos. Rundgren wrote 23 of the 25 songs on the four sides. I think, years later, I would hear the first Crack The Sky album, and think back to this particular LP-- something about musical genius coupled with a sense of humor I always found appealing. I bought the CD when it was first available, and ripped it to mp3 today.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"