How Do You Get Your Music Fix?

Live & In Person, On CD or MP3

What's your preferred pre-recorded music delivery medium these days?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Nothing Will Replace Vinyl
44%
19%
6%
19%
13%
No votes

Total votes: 16

Admin

How Do You Get Your Music Fix?

Post by Admin »

What's your preferred pre-recorded music delivery medium? Multiple choices are allowed.
kcdixiecat

Re: How Do You Get Your Music Fix?

Post by kcdixiecat »

I LOVE my sirius radio
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

No box given for "roll your own" or record your own album! Presently working on ALL ART IV, with two numbers recorded - "Desifinado" and "Memories".
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I love vinyl. Stil own lots of it, and am now buying it again. That said, I listen to mostly cd's in car and at home and from extenal hard drive at office. I voted cd, but I am a vinyl hound (I only know 2 people with more vinyl than me).

Love the song "Warm Vinyl", by the Lonesome Brothers.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Turbodog wrote:I love vinyl. Stil own lots of it, and am now buying it again. That said, I listen to mostly cd's in car and at home and from extenal hard drive at office. I voted cd, but I am a vinyl hound (I only know 2 people with more vinyl than me).

Love the song "Warm Vinyl", by the Lonesome Brothers.

Are you transferring any of your most beloved 33's to CD? That way you can also enjoy them in the car or anywhere.

Connector cable from Hi-Fi to PC Line In. Free softwear AUDACITY to record your vinyls. Use AUDACITY to edit music into 79 minute package. Use AUDACITY to remove pops and scratches. Use AUDACITY to transfer your package to a WAV file. Burn to CD.

For a final professional touch, I even scan the album cover info and make artwork for the CD jewel cases. (Sample on request.)
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
buzd

Post by buzd »

I love being able to carry around my whole collection on my ipod, but I still purchase CDs. Katrina taught me not to get hung up on jewel cases and cover art, but I like having the discs, even though I immediately rip them to mp3 and store them away.

I've downloaded a few albums, but I avoid itunes because of the DRM. I also have about 800gb of various downloaded concert recordings.

And satellite radio rocks, but I think the quality is suffering for the merger.
Great Danish

Post by Great Danish »

CD's in the car, satellite for background music at home and cd's when there is something specific we want to listen to. We still have tons of vinyl that we enjoy from time to time.
Never for money
Always for love ,Cover up & say goodnight
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Schuarta wrote:Are you transferring any of your most beloved 33's to CD? That way you can also enjoy them in the car or anywhere.

Connector cable from Hi-Fi to PC Line In. Free softwear AUDACITY to record your vinyls. Use AUDACITY to edit music into 79 minute package. Use AUDACITY to remove pops and scratches. Use AUDACITY to transfer your package to a WAV file. Burn to CD.

For a final professional touch, I even scan the album cover info and make artwork for the CD jewel cases. (Sample on request.)
I use a turntable with USB cord to go direct to hard drive. Need to do a lot more vinyl ripping. I am lazy about it. Bit then again, I have so much damned music it is absurd. When I really want to hear something and can't find it, I buy it again.