"LIFE ON MARS"- What a neat show!

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
NoNoNanette

"LIFE ON MARS"- What a neat show!

Post by NoNoNanette »

I really enjoyed this show tonite. What fun to be able to see Harvey Keitel and Michael Imperioli (CHRIS-TA-FAAAAH) every week. :)

Neat, neat concept. A really quick hour.
kcdixiecat

Re: "LIFE ON MARS"- What a neat show!

Post by kcdixiecat »

We loved it too!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

I liked it too. That scene at the end where he's considering killing that kid was powerful. I liked everything about it except one thing. Using the towers to show he's in the past. I found that jarring and unnecessary since he's probably not going to be able to stop their destruction or even try to. There were other ways to show the change IMO.

I'll keep watching but I hope they stop doing that. It feels cheap.
Now this is more like it.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Dragongirl"

It's funny, kiddo.... the twin towers that you found "jarring".... knocked my socks off. Found it quite emotional, but maybe that's your point. Anyway, really liked the show.

Not crazy about Lisa Bonet (spelling??), but will learn to like her if the series sticks around.

KC DIXIE- Neat, neat show, wasn't it? :) Next week, STARZ is premiering a show based on the movie, CRASH. (which I didn't see) Going to star Dennis Hopper.... be there or be square. ;)
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

That's exactly my point. Feels exploitative. I didn't like that at all.

The rest was excellent.

Lisa Bonet. Wouldn't want to be her friend, but she's usually a good actress. Hope she's more stable as she used to implode and leave jobs in the old days. Or get asked to leave. Same diff.
Now this is more like it.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Oh..I love Dennis Hopper..but HATED the movie Crash...hmmm decisions decisions
KC DIXIE- Neat, neat show, wasn't it? :) Next week, STARZ is premiering a show based on the movie, CRASH. (which I didn't see) Going to star Dennis Hopper.... be there or be square. ;)
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Several episodes have passed since the last activity on this thread, and I have to say I'm still entertained by Life On Mars. Obviously, a big component of the writing here is concerned with pointing up the lack of what we today call political correctness. Although I am intrigued by the what and the why of Sam Tyler's dilemma, my gut tells me this show will be cancelled before it gets a chance to hit its stride-- the concept really can't sustain a long term run. And the Brit version, from which it is derived, didn't run all that long either, not that it was ever intended to.

Edited to add: I was a big fan of the Taye Diggs short-lived series "Day Break", and am hoping this show also doesn't end prematurely.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I had forgotten about this show.... just looked it up. Returning WED., JAN 28th.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

NoNoNanette wrote:I had forgotten about this show.... just looked it up. Returning WED., JAN 28th.
Which means it will come on every week right after "Lost", which starts Jan 21.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Low-N-Slow wrote:Which means it will come on every week right after "Lost", which starts Jan 21.
What a GREAT timeslot. Perhaps there's hope for this show. :)