Burn After Reading

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Suzy Wong

Burn After Reading

Post by Suzy Wong »

I may be in the minority, but I DID NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE AT ALL.

Individual performances, John Malkovich (who never does a bad job) Brad Pitt were well done, but overall I thought the story was idiotic at best. It went overboard in depicting the darkness in people to the point it was a farce. Reveal moments were obscure bathroom humor at best.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
kcdixiecat

Re: Burn After Reading

Post by kcdixiecat »

well crap...I was planning on going this week to see it. I wanted to see this one and "The Women".
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Sorry:(

You very well may like it, I did laugh lightly a few times, but I did not laugh intensely and as often as many others did.

I never let a review of anyone stop me if I want to see something.

Do you like Coen brothers movies? If you like most or all I'm sure you'll enjoy this one.
The only one of theirs I have seen I liked was Raising Arizona.

I think one either "gets" their movies or they don't, sadly I don't. Example, "Fargo" won rave awards and reviews, I didn't like it.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

Suzy Wong wrote:Sorry:(

You very well may like it, I did laugh lightly a few times, but I did not laugh intensely and as often as many others did.

I never let a review of anyone stop me if I want to see something.

Do you like Coen brothers movies? If you like most or all I'm sure you'll enjoy this one.
The only one of theirs I have seen I liked was Raising Arizona.

I think one either "gets" their movies or they don't, sadly I don't. Example, "Fargo" won rave awards and reviews, I didn't like it.
LOL I'm with you on Raising Arizona and I did not like Fargo at all....ok, I may wait until this one comes out on dvd.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

I thought it was hilarious, but at the end of the movie my feeling was "eh". I liked the message of the more details someone knows, the less they can understand.

I didn't care for the violence.

I loved Raising Arizona and Fargo. But parts of all Coen movies are difficult for me.
Now this is more like it.