Movies that made no sense 2 YOU

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Suzy Wong

Movies that made no sense 2 YOU

Post by Suzy Wong »

David Lynch's "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Dr" are 2 that come to mind.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
NoNoNanette

Re: Movies that made no sense 2 YOU

Post by NoNoNanette »

Actually just finished watching one that I had DVRd over the weekend.

The 2008 version of "The House of Usher". The last 30 minutes had me scratching my head! :confused:

I need to google that movie for a recap.

Dontcha hate when that sh*t happens? :)
spudly

Post by spudly »

Goya's Ghosts...I wasn't sure what was theme of this movie. The Spanish Inquistion, Goya's painting, the Spanish royals, bad priests or an ugly Natalie Portman???? Yikes!
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

spudly wrote:Goya's Ghosts...I wasn't sure what was theme of this movie. The Spanish Inquistion, Goya's painting, the Spanish royals, bad priests or an ugly Natalie Portman???? Yikes!
Not quite it fits your criteria but "The English Patient".
What a yawn fest. The iciing on the cake was that it won a bunch of golden statuettes.
Now that made NO sense!
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Good to see I am not the only one with a ? over my head at times...
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
mojo

Post by mojo »

Steven Soderbergh's Schizopolis. Crazy movie.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

flyinbayou wrote:Not quite it fits your criteria but "The English Patient".
What a yawn fest. The iciing on the cake was that it won a bunch of golden statuettes.
Now that made NO sense!
I saw this movie on the big screen & actually fell asleep several times in the movie. My MC, nudged me awake several times. I woke up the last time with the credits rolling (I am a sucker for music in movies). I remember the 2 friends we went with seemed to enjoy it & couldn't understand how I could fall asleep on this beautiful film.

I always wanted to give it another shot, yes with all the awards - perhaps I did miss out on something. But it's been years & I am not compelled at all to torture myself in that way!
globe9

Post by globe9 »

Ditto on the English Patient. Had a H.S. english teacher make the class watch it after reading the book--the book wasn't much better either.

Also gotta say The Matrix. I just didn't understand most of what was going on in that movie. Maybe I'm just not computer geek enough...
peychaud

Post by peychaud »

Suzy Wong wrote:David Lynch's "Lost Highway" and "Mulholland Dr" are 2 that come to mind.
This is a great exegesis of Mulholland Drive.

http://archive.salon.com/ent/movies/fea ... _analysis/

Lynch is difficult, but I think he earns his pretensions. I couldn't get through "Inland Empire" on my first try, but I'm going to give it another shot when I have a little more time (and attention).
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Thanks for the link!

I have Inland Empire in line on netflix, I wanted to see that before it came out, (I don't believe it showed here in N.O.) then forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Blue Velvet is my all time #1 favorite movie, no question....I need to buy it, I have seen it so many times, I can recite lines.....