A couple new shows that I'm already hooked on....

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Schuarta

Re: A couple new shows that I'm already hooked on....

Post by Schuarta »

The (self taught) opera singer won America's Got Talent. Quietest night ever for the Judges.
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

I didn't watch the show this season, but caught the guy singing at the end. He was awesome and deserved to win.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Admin wrote:America's Got Talent. They're down to the Top 5, and at least two of them really need to stay on their anti-depressant meds. All boils down to who is Vegas-worthy.

Neil E. "Opera Guy" Boyd - Lots of heart, but Vegas, no.
Donald Braswell - Great voice. If only Lawrence Welk was still hiring. He'd have a 20-year gig.
Queen Emily - I think she's been sandbagging. smokinggun.com will out her as a 20-year veteran of James Brown's back-up group.
Nuttin' But Stringz - If these guys went to Juilliard, they're not showing it here. Every performance sounds the same as the last. But they're the most "Vegas" of the remaining bunch, and the judges love them.
Eli Mattson - Hope the humble isn't an act. He has our vote.

Admin. Are you having better luck picking football winners? :D

Sorry. Just had to mention it. I do agree the "best Vegas show" would be the combination of 1,3,4,5 above. Donald would do well to get a crack at Phantom when the current actor finishes his run (assuming he can act as well as sing).
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Are you guys still watching TRUE BLOOD on HBO?

I started catching up today. Just watched episode 3. My god, is that the most erotic show on television? It was a 1 hour f*ck-fest. :D I think I'd do vampire Bill, myself! :whip:

I'm hooked-

Happy Saturday, gang!
Alex

Post by Alex »

NoNoNanette wrote:Are you guys still watching TRUE BLOOD on HBO?

I started catching up today. Just watched episode 3. My god, is that the most erotic show on television? It was a 1 hour f*ck-fest. :D I think I'd do vampire Bill, myself! :whip:

I'm hooked-

Happy Saturday, gang!
I did not elect to upgrade to COX digital cable and can receive any premium channels. I missed out on the end of Rome, The sopranos, and The Wire. Basic cable is getting a lot better though, and when I get an HDTV I will get satellite or digital cable.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

We haven't graduated to HI DEF yet, either. Prices seem to be steadily dropping, and our tvs look just fine for now.

We've had DISH NETWORK for many years and just love it, Alex. Neighbor had DIRECT TV for a year and got rid of it. Just something to consider. One of the things that infuriated him was that they'd crank up the commercials, practically blowing him out of the room ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alex wrote:I thought I saw him (Karnes) on SOA when I rewatched an episode last night. I also read that Sprauge Grayden is in the cast of SOA, but I have not seen her yet. She is the little cutie that played Heather in Jericho.
---------------------------------

from Spague's blog today:

Hello all,

It has been brought to my attention that some of you would like to know, 1) exactly what episodes of SOA I am in, and 2) If I am in the 24 Prequel.

Unfortunately I can't answer either of those questions because I can't leak any plot details for either show. I thank you so much for supporting both shows and I hope you're enjoying them!!

Sprague

--------------------------------------------------------

About Jeff Karnes:

He is playing the part of an ATF agent on SOA, and has history with one the women who used to date a memeber of SOA. He appears to be somewhat of a stalker/LEO - interesting combination.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Make sure to set your DVR/VCR for Sons of Anarchy for its' rebroadcast tonite.

If you're like us, you'll be watching that effing debate that's screwing up my television schedule! ;)

(Gawd, I hope that Mad McCain rips Obama a new one tonite!- if he doesn't, Republicans, Conservatives and Libertarians are gonna be hurtin' little cowboys come election day) :(
Alex

Post by Alex »

NoNoNanette wrote:Make sure to set your DVR/VCR for Sons of Anarchy for its' rebroadcast tonite.

If you're like us, you'll be watching that effing debate that's screwing up my television schedule! ;)

(Gawd, I hope that Mad McCain rips Obama a new one tonite!- if he doesn't, Republicans, Conservatives and Libertarians are gonna be hurtin' little cowboys come election day) :(
Ah yes, it was pretty good. I was glad to see evryone team up to deal with "Agent Stalker" - LOL.
Sine qua non
Alex

Post by Alex »

Good news:

"Sons of Anarchy"

FX has picked up "Sons of Anarchy" for a second season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... dd4cf5e727
Sine qua non