Deadliest Catch - R.I.P. Captain Phil Harris

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Alex

Deadliest Catch - R.I.P. Captain Phil Harris

Post by Alex »

I will miss this guy a lot. He was one hell of a guy and and one hell of a skipper. Hopefully his sons will take over the boat, but I would not blame them if they did not. This has to be tough on them. I am glad Phil's stroke did not happen til they were offloading. He finished his last season. DC will not be the same without the Cornelia Marie and Phil. :(

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... t-age-53/1

http://www.corneliamarie.com/

Sine qua non
cstoehr

Re: Deadliest Catch - R.I.P. Captain Phil Harris

Post by cstoehr »

The show won't be the same.........he and Capt Sig are the show to me. 53 years old..........should have listened to the Drs from a couple years ago that told him to quit smoking and slow down fishing . I believe he left the hospital to sit ouside and smoke when he had to be airlifted fromt he ship. Stubborn man, but he died doing what he loved I guess.
LauraMc

Re: Deadliest Catch - R.I.P. Captain Phil Harris

Post by LauraMc »

I love that show and he and Sig sure tell it how it is whether you like it or not. I remember seeing him smoking outside the hospital when he was in congestive heart failure. He thought his ribs were broken from falling out of bed but it was all the fluid in his chest. But I remember my father turning off his oxygen to smoke in the hospital when he had cancer. He just wouldn't have been happy not being able to smoke.
His sons mentioned last season they had quit smoking. I hope they stuck to it but Jake had a message on his myspace page a month or so ago saying he was back to all his bad habits.
I wonder if they'll bury him at sea. Remember the show with the Hillstrand brothers where they showed the island they buried their dad on? They talked about carrying his coffin out there and burying him where he wanted to be. It was so touching.