American Idol

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Admin

Re: American Idol

Post by Admin »

And, for the second time this week, the underdog emerges victorious (Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson on DWTS being the first).
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Adam won't be struggling for money or work, thats for sure.

The verdict surprised me though!
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

at least Adam does not have to record that horror of a song Kara wrote...there is a God.
noticed Simon did not stand up and applaud Kris' victory.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

edible complex wrote:at least Adam does not have to record that horror of a song Kara wrote...there is a God.
Well Simon and I have something in common. But I was prepared for the let down.

Adam singing with both Queen and Kiss was quite a treat. Kris and Keith Urban put on a good show. Fergie, Steve Martin, Rod, Lionel, Cyndi could they have gotten more diverse? Nice job.

I also feel for Kris about that hideous song. Someone said it sounded like a bad Disney song and I have to agree. He sang it MUCH better tonight than he did last night, but apparently he and Adam didn't get the thing until just before they went on.
Now this is more like it.
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

edible complex wrote:at least Adam does not have to record that horror of a song Kara wrote...there is a God.
At the end when Kris was on the stage thing behind the judges...Simon stood up and shook his hand.
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Well the show is history but I have to say that Kris is such a gracious winner. And he and Adam are absolutely adorable together. Great interview with Kris at the link and then at the bottom of the article, an even better one with Adam in which we discover Adam doesn't know what "doozy" means, he admits that he discovered his signature wailing was not as effective as when he "brings it in close," they touch base with some of the contestants Adam helped out, that Adam feels he needs to be made fun of now and again because he's "kind of ridiculous". During the hometown segment, Adam cleaned off the nail polish on one of his thumbnails and painted Kris's corresponding thumbnail in a show of friendship and unity.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/kris-allen.html?cid=153585609#comment-153585609

This interview is freaking adorable.

http://www.breitbart.com/voxant.php?id=3708020

Hope next season is as much fun as this one.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you see the article where Brian May of Queen said they would like to have a "meaningful conversation" with Adam?
dragongrrl

Post by dragongrrl »

Yep. I follow Adam on twitter and he says he's working on his album and doesn't plan to join Queen and also that he hasn't been asked. He says he's been let know that they want to try some stuff out and he'd love to do that in the future.

And Admin, the underdog streak continues with Susan Boyle losing BGT not to Shaheen as many considered, but to the hip hop group Diversity who are just tons of fun. The first link is to their try out which I think was better than their winning routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcGy77Gru8

Da winnahs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPcGy77Gru8

Like Adam, I'm sure Susan will be fine despite her meltdown from before. She's great. I love her too.