Hell's Kitchen Returns Tonight

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
Schuarta

Hell's Kitchen Returns Tonight

Post by Schuarta »

One article I read says the chef is toned down a little this year.

The ad I saw shows him throwing pounds of ground beef at one of the competitors.

Is that toned down?
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Admin

Re: Hell's Kitchen Returns Tonight

Post by Admin »

On the surface, it appears they've entered a phase where the more incompetence they can provide for GR to react to, the better. Kind of like the phase of showing a seemingly endless parade of bad auditions that American Idol has just gotten past.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

The first episode was certainly not toned down, at least to me. It seemed as if the new crew is certainly more incompetent than last season. There may be a few who may be more talented, but there are more that are absolutely clueless. The funny thing about this show, is that they must have him get so crazy solely for the American viewer. On his shows on BBC, he's always very calm.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I simply adore that show! I think that the old broad (41??) ;) is gonna have a rough way to go with Ramsey.

I'm glad it's back on. I love this reality crap.
JRO

Post by JRO »

NoNoNanette wrote:I simply adore that show! I think that the old broad (41??) ;) is gonna have a rough way to go with Ramsey.

I'm glad it's back on. I love this reality crap.

You got that right, she screwed up a few things last week
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

I would really like to know the criteria used at the auditions. Some of the final 16 are so damn unsuitable!
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Admin

Post by Admin »

I watched the HK episode that followed AI this evening, and, even though I have watched several seasons of this show, just have to ask: If you smoke (like most all the chefs are shown doing at most every moment when they're not in the kitchen or on a reward trip), how do you expect to fare in the tasting challenges, let alone objectively appraise your own food?

Also, I never thought Dave from Top Chef 2006 could be surpassed when he famously said to Tiffani, "I'm not your bitch, bitch!" But tonight's HK cast-off L.A, may have overtaken him with another classic "reality" TV sound bite. Referring to the flamboyant bar mitzvah party planner (so reviled by HK maitre 'd Jean Philippe), she invoked, “I'm gay. That dude is parade gay.”