LOST

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
NoNoNanette

Re: LOST

Post by NoNoNanette »

Pretty good forum.... there's a "minor" and "major" spoiler section.... I haven't peeked yet:

http://forum.lostpedia.com/

Here's something pretty neat.... I'm horrible at names, so when a name is mentioned that I don't recognize, I can find out about the character here:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Actually, if there's anything you want to know about Lost, you'll find a link to it from the above page.
Pretty good stuff over at Daniel's LOST DIARY, too.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Dunno about you guys, but I'm going to watch last week's episode again tonite..... with pop-up factoids.
Alex

Post by Alex »

NoNoNanette wrote:Dunno about you guys, but I'm going to watch last week's episode again tonite..... with pop-up factoids.
So far this season I am enjoying this show the most. It is in my opinion the best drama on a non premium channel right now. Last night was so good I did not want it to end and I was cussing at the commercials - lol.

Good stuff!!
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Hey Alex-

Was out and about all day, and just got a chance to read Daniel's "lost diary" review..... he gave last night a D- :eek:

I haven't started reading any of the viewer's postings yet, but geez..... I thought it was a great episode.... flew by. And I'm just starting to get into the time travel scenario.
Alex

Post by Alex »

NoNoNanette wrote:Hey Alex-

Was out and about all day, and just got a chance to read Daniel's "lost diary" review..... he gave last night a D- :eek:

I haven't started reading any of the viewer's postings yet, but geez..... I thought it was a great episode.... flew by. And I'm just starting to get into the time travel scenario.
Art is subjective. I have read reviews on the last Battlestar Galactica episodes that give them anywhere from an A to an F - lol.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I'm enjoying this season more than any other. Apparently, not many feel the same way. This from Perez Hilton:

Bad news for ABC!

Their once hot show, Lost, seems to be in the crapper. Big time!

For the fourth week in a row, the show has lost ratings every episode since it's recent premiere.

The last episode pulled in only about 9.8 million viewers, which was a 6% dip from the episode before that.

At its best, the show was pulling in over 20 million viewers weekly.

Guess this means the Lost won't be picked up past its scheduled ending date in 2010.

And, surprisingly, Fox's American Idol is doing rather well in comparison. It brought in 24.3 million viewers Wednesday night.

Time for some new programming!
Alex

Post by Alex »

I am not sure why the numbers are dipping. I think this is the best season they have had in a while. I feel the last episode aired was not quite as good as the others this season, but serial dramas often have an episode or two per season where they set you up for something big next week.

A good example is this seasons Battlestar Galactica. The episode "A Disquiet that Follows my Soul" was a little tame compared to others, but the next two were awesome. Last Friday's episode "Blood on the Scales" was the best episode of TV to air so far in 2009, so I am more then willing to give last weeks episode of Lost a pass, and hope that next weeks episode rocks the house.

I think the major problem with shows like Lost and BSG is they require intelligent viewers, and intelligent viewers seem to be a dying breed. People are a lot more interested in stuff like AI and the like. AI is a big problem for good TV shows. It was very instrumental in taking viewers away from our beloved Jericho.

I would not count Lost out yet though. If it can hold 9 million viewers ABC may keep it. CBS has kept The Unit around for a while and has consistently pulled in ratings between 7.8 to 8.5 million viewers, so we will have to just wait and see.
Sine qua non
Alex

Post by Alex »

More on the ratings:

...while Lost sank 11 percent to a series-low 9.76 mil. (That said, Lost was for a fourth straight week Wednesday's highest-rated scripted show in the key demos, and it built its audience from start to finish.)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguide/3 ... gif12.html

The key word in the above statement was SCRIPTED! - lol ...and Lost is not some scripted formulaic crime drama either, it is a serialized sci-fi genre show. I think it will be around for a few more seasons, but that is just my opinion. I would be a lousy network exec because I would kill all the reality shows, and that is what is bringing home the bacon right now for broadcast TV.
Sine qua non
Alex

Post by Alex »

This show continues to not disappoint! I really enjoyed this weeks episode. What is Sawyer gonna do now that Kate is back and he is shacked up with Juliet?

The ratings are back up over 10 million viewers as well.

From tvbythenumbers.com:

The Lost vs. Lie to Me duel that looked so interesting earlier in the season now is only much of a battle in terms of total viewers. In the youth demos, Lost is now winning handily. Lie to Me will drop some in the finals due to American Idol overrun, and it’s half hour drops are still fairly noteworthy. It dropped from 11.14 million the first half with a 3.9/10 (rating/share) in adults 18-49 to 9.24 million in the second half hour with a 3.3/8.
Sine qua non
Alex

Post by Alex »

I thought for sure that monster was going to kill Ben. Now he has to do whatever John tells him - lol.
Sine qua non