LOST

Blockbuster or Bomb? Hit or Miss? Classic or Cancelled?
NoNoNanette

Re: LOST

Post by NoNoNanette »

Hi Alex-

I spend entirely too much time on Lost forums Thursday mornings.... read a couple of things....

Perhaps FARADAY is Jacob. (can't remember the reasoning, but it sounded logical yesterday morning.) ;)
Also, when Locke heard Jacob say "save me", it might mean that Jacob is being held in some type of limbo.... and by killing him, he'd "set him free" and put him out of misery.
Is that Kate a selfish bitch, or what? I hate that broad!
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Alex

Post by Alex »

So many questions!! That was one hell of a season finale! I will try to get to the websites later, but I am snowed under at work at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

NoNoNanette wrote:Hi Alex-

Also, when Locke heard Jacob say "save me", it might mean that Jacob is being held in some type of limbo.... and by killing him, he'd "set him free" and put him out of misery.
A friend of mine feels it was Locke's destiny to kill Jacob because Jacob has been stuck as the leader of this island for many many years, and is ready to pass the torch.
Sine qua non
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Alex wrote:So many questions!! That was one hell of a season finale! I will try to get to the websites later, but I am snowed under at work at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

A friend of mine feels it was Locke's destiny to kill Jacob because Jacob has been stuck as the leader of this island for many many years, and is ready to pass the torch.
I don't think that was LOCKE, baby..... it was Jacob's nemesis from the opening scene as they were watching the ship come in..... said something about finding a loophole to kill him. I think the loophole was Locke's death. Noticed that the "New Locke" was pretty much an arsehole.... cause it wasn't him! Good vs. Evil, although uncertain which is which.

Someone posted that Jacob was the evil one, toying with individuals, making them visit the island.... and his enemy was sick of it. Dunno. Episode was ab-fab, though! :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Check this out! Can't be a coincidence!

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0713_lost.pdf :eek:
Admin

Post by Admin »

You "lost" me. I don't get it. What am I missing?
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Admin wrote:You "lost" me. I don't get it. What am I missing?
Sorry, boss.... I should've prefaced it with this:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/13/man-claim ... /#comments

Anthony Spinner -- a producer on "Baretta" and "Babes in Toyland" -- says back in 1977 he was paid $30,000 to write a TV pilot, which eventually became a 121-page script called "Lost."

Spinner is now suing ABC and Touchstone Television, claiming the network passed on the show in '77, '91 and '94 ... then suddenly created an exact replica with Touchstone in 2004.

Spinner lists a ton of similarities in his suit -- which was filed on July 10 -- notably an "airplane headed to Los Angeles [that] crashes into a tropical jungle-like environment."

Spinner also alleges the new "Lost" characters -- including Jack, Locke, Sayid, Kate and Sawyer -- are all rip-offs ... down to their occupations and dark pasts.

The comparisons go on and on. Spinner is suing for damages and a cut of royalties, profits and a bunch of other stuff. Spinner tried to sue a few years ago, but it was dismissed for procedural reasons.
-----------------------------------------------
Apparently TMZ has this slightly wrong.... this is not a new lawsuit... he filed it after the 1st season. Too close for comfort, as far as I'm concerned. When you have time, the comments are pretty good at the above link.
--------------------------------------------
40. He filed this lawsuit FOUR YEARS AGO. (Not recently as TMZ would have you believe)

Here is a link to the article on the lawsuit. Check the date on the piece.

http://www.tv.com/story/571.html

Posted at 8:16PM on Jul 13th 2009 by WTF?
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

http://lostuniversity.org/

This might be a fun website to play around on....