Poblanos Stuffed With Pollo Con Queso Fresco ala Yvette

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
Yvette

Poblanos Stuffed With Pollo Con Queso Fresco ala Yvette

Post by Yvette »

I was pleasantly surprised with the way my peppers came out. I will to the best of my ability explain my recipe. First of all, they were not exactly stuffed, as I had too much ingredients, so it was more layered. Gosh it was so darn good.

Ingredients:

Poblano Peppers---I used 4
Chicken thighs, I boiled in crab boil- 4
one pack queso fresco- 8 oz
one can sweet corn
one can black beans
one can re-fried beans
tomato
onion
garlic
cumin
pepper
4 cups Spanish rice
4 cheese Mexican shredded-handful

I blistered the peppers and removed the skins. I cooked chicken in crab boil until done. When cooled, I combined sweet corn, cumin, black pepper and half the queso fresco. Set aside to let the flavors meld.

Slit, de-seeded peppers and line them in the roasting pan. Then covered with the rest of the queso fresco

Made the Spanish Rice

Took the black beans and half the can refried beans, cooked with onion, tomato and garlic.

Layered the chicken and corn mixture on top of peppers.

took a handful of mixed Mexican cheese, I always have a bag in the fridge, and just sprinkle on top.

Put in the oven 350* for about 20 minutes, or until all cheese looks good and melty...if that is a word.

Served with Spanish Rice, Beans, sliced avacado and tomato, top with salsa.

I would make this again....if I can remember what I did. That is another problem with me, I never remember to write down recipes.

Yvette
NoNoNanette

Re: Poblanos Stuffed With Pollo Con Queso Fresco ala Yvette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Looks ab-fab, Yvette. :)
jodyrah

Re: Poblanos Stuffed With Pollo Con Queso Fresco ala Yvette

Post by jodyrah »

Looks delish. Whenever I experiment and it's something I would make again, I write it down immediately after we eat (along with any improvements/changes ). Otherwise, it's gone.