Chicken Piccata with Lemon, Capers and Artichoke Hearts

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
JudiB

Chicken Piccata with Lemon, Capers and Artichoke Hearts

Post by JudiB »

I have some chicken breasts, and I was remembering this wonderful dish we used to get at a place in Baton Rouge with chicken, artichoke hearts, snapbeans... and this is nothing like it, but when doing an internet search it caught my eye.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robi ... index.html
I didn't make the rice/lima bean part... I made the Crash Hot Potatoes and an Italian salad... man it smells good. Now if my husband would JUST GET HOME! lol

Ingredients
4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Salt and ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
1/4 cup drained capers
1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
1/2 cup frozen lima beans
Directions
Place chicken in zip-top bags and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from bag and season all over with salt and black pepper. In a shallow dish (or plastic bag), combine flour, lemon zest, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well. Add chicken and turn to coat. Remove chicken from flour mixture and shake off excess flour.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 2 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Add lemon juice, wine and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens. Add artichoke hearts and capers and simmer 1 minute to heat through.

Cook rice according to package directions, adding lima beans at the beginning of cooking process. Serve chicken and sauce with rice.
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Mrs. Fury

Re: Chicken Piccata with Lemon, Capers and Artichoke Hearts

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Dang Judi that sounds so good! We had chicken tonight. Wish I read this earlier!
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

It was so, so sososososSOSOSOSO good!!! And talk about easy too. The recipe says the prep time is about 15 minutes... I don't think it's even that long. The hardest part was waiting till husband got home.

I had some roasted garlic that I mashed up and incorporated into the sauce. aaaahhhhh.....
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
jodyrah

Post by jodyrah »

Easier than pounding to 1/4", use a thin bladed knife to slice horizontally into 3 thin cutlets. I then lightly pound just to even out the thickness. This chicken recipe is quite similar to what I make with the additon of mushrooms, Italian parsley, black, white, cayenne pepper. I serve with bordelaise or lemon/parsely popcorn rice made with stock instead of water.I also add some smashed garlic cloves to the stock and remove before serving...they float to the top. Oh, forgot to mention that I thicken my sauce with about 1 stick unsalted butter (in chunks) that I add in stages while constantly aggitating the pan to form an emulsion. I also make this with thinly sliced/pounded pork cutlets (sliced from a boneless loin). It's tastier than the chicken.