Grilled Greek Chicken Kabobs

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
JudiB

Grilled Greek Chicken Kabobs

Post by JudiB »

After talking it over with justagirl, I came up with this concoction that my husband and I really enjoyed last night:

Three chicken breasts, cubed
Tri-color peppers, (I used red, orange and yellow) cut in pieces approximately the same size as the chicken
Regular fresh Mushrooms, (I couldn't find bellas)
Rosemary
Garlic, (at least three, sent through the garlic press)
Olive Oil
One fresh lemon
Greek Seasoning

I marinated the chicken cubes, cut up peppers, & mushrooms over night in enough olive oil to coat, a whole lot of rosemary, (about three sprigs cut up) and the pressed garlic.

I skewered them and then sprinkled with something I bought at the store in the dried herb section called "Greek Seasoning"... lol... yeah I know, I know...

I didn't add ANY salt or pepper, cuz the Greek Seasoning is loaded with it.

When they came off the grill, I took them off the kabobs, and squeezed a whole juicy lemon over everything.

Man-oh-man, talk about GOOD! And EASY. Also nice and light for the summer, yet very filling. A lil salad and some humus and pita on the side... wow, I'm good. ;)

Thanks JAG!
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Judi, sounds excellent! When I did them in Maine, I cut up breast meat and marinated the chunks in olive oil, rosemarry and garlic. I skewered them also with the tri colored peppers, button mushrooms, onion and grape tomatoes.

I served it with beet salad and corn salad. Everyone was happy! (maybe it was because no one had to cook that night....lol)
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."