Gnocchi a la LaBoca

Share Ya Mama's Best Dishes Here. We Won't Tell Her!
edible complex

Re: Gnocchi a la LaBoca

Post by edible complex »

JudiB wrote: I'm really intrigued by the sweet potato gnocchi, I have to try to make that. A sauce of pecans, oranges and brown sugar seems so predictable though - that's the first thing that popped into my mind. I wonder if there's a savory that I could do....? Isa, put on your thinking cap for me. :)
when I do my sweet potato stuffing for poblanos, I use cardamom, golden raisins, sage sausage, walnuts, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala and top w/cilantro and crumbled monterey jack cheese or mexican springle cheese and serve with a chilled pinot blanc.
you could probably use some of the seasonings mentioned in a little coconut milk to make the sauce and serve with the sausage in the side, and top w/roasted walnuts, cilantro and the cheese. damn, I may be making this soon.
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

ooooo.... ediblecomplex, thank you! Gosh, that sounds wonderful.

I could also crumble some bulk sage sausage, fry it off, drain it, and add to the sauce.....

Yeah, this will be made this week. :) I'll let you know how it comes out.

I don't have a ricer though, I read somewhere a fork would do the trick, does anyone have experience with this?
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
expatorleanian

Post by expatorleanian »

Rachel bought a potato ricer, specifically so she could make gnocchi.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

edible complex wrote:when I do my sweet potato stuffing for poblanos, I use cardamom, golden raisins, sage sausage, walnuts, red pepper flakes, garlic, ginger, cumin, garam masala and top w/cilantro and crumbled monterey jack cheese or mexican springle cheese and serve with a chilled pinot blanc.
you could probably use some of the seasonings mentioned in a little coconut milk to make the sauce and serve with the sausage in the side, and top w/roasted walnuts, cilantro and the cheese. damn, I may be making this soon.
Damn, this was almost exactly what I was going to write.
EC, I gotta tell you, it's getting a little spooky.

Judi, I your last post proves you need taste testers who can handle it.
And I highly doubt it would be too rich for me, so I'm in it for the long haul.
And you wouldn't have so many leftovers!
kcdixiecat

Post by kcdixiecat »

I have a potato ricer..so I'll come along with Isabella:)
JudiB

Post by JudiB »

LOL.. ya'll are just so so kind. :rolleyes:

Hey... let's really do it one day. I want to try the sweet potato gnocchi too... we could make a few batches, a few different sauces....

A cook's day. A bottle or two of wine.... who's in? Everyone is welcome! :toast:
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....