Pho Orchid

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Dilfan

Pho Orchid

Post by Dilfan »

I've posted this same review on both this and TO board, so I apologize if you've already read it.

SO and I went to Pho Orchid Friday night and had a very nice meal. I had shrimp w/chili sauce and wife had sauteed scallops w/veg. Both dishes were very good. Unfortunately, they left the small piece of abductor muscle on the scallops which affected the overall texture. We also shared the grilled pork Banh Mi as an appetizer and had combination fried rice as a side. Sandwich was outstanding and the rice was as good as any I've had elsewhere. It was busy but not packed. We had a bit of a hard time understanding our waiter, so the manager came over and handled the table. Later as we were talking to him, I mentioned the muscle left on the scallop and he seemed surprised that there was a problem and promised to look into it.
Service was very good, and overall, I would rate the experience as good to very good. The major down side is that the restaurant is all "hard" surfaces so it is somewhat noisy. We pretty much ordered within our "comfort zone" on this visit, but I will have no problem being a bit more adventurous on our next visit.
John
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com