Rue 127

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
willifred

Rue 127

Post by willifred »

Anybody been to this new spot on Carrollton? I assume it is the place that started with an "A" across from Venezia's....The little buzz I've heard has been good.
paz5559

Re: Rue 127

Post by paz5559 »

Two former Le Foret chefs - I went early, and had an excellent meal from start to finish. STEAMED MUSSELS were fabulous, and far better than the ones I had at Clementine a week or so therafter. MUSHROOM RISOTTO one of my DC's had was out of this world. I had OLIVE OIL POACHED BASS HOUSE MADE FETTUCINI,HARICOT VERT, BASIL PECAN PESTO that was spot on. The SEARED YELLOWFIN, SAUTÉED BROCCOLINI, HERBED GNOCCHI with SHERRY EMULSION was also delish, and both the CHARGRILLED PORK CHOP, JACK DANIELS AND ROASTED CORN COUSH COUSH, ROASTED PEPPER JUS, CRISPY SHALLOTS and the CITRUS GLAZED DUCK BREAST, CARAMELIZED FENNEL, POTATO PUREE, OANGE SUPREMES, LOUISIANA CITRUS JUS looked spectacular.

However the single best thing I ate that night were the disgusting sounding Deep Fried Cupcakes, which were comprised of Vanilla cupcakes, Cream Cheese Frosting, served with three sauces: butterscotch, chocolate, vanilla creme fraiche
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
justagirl

Re: Rue 127

Post by justagirl »

I had my first dinner at Rue 127 last week. I'll be going back there often, it was very good. Excellent service too. Check it out, you wont be dissapointed.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."