Hong Kong Market-seafood

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Oyster

Hong Kong Market-seafood

Post by Oyster »

Went yesterday to get Lobsters from the absolute freshest tanks in town. They have a couple thousand gallons of lobster tanks, with extremely fresh lobsters. They have extra tanks where they continuoulsy airate and filter to resupply the lobsters. They have some huge critters from about 2-5 lbs. They went up to match most supermarket prices, now at $12.99 lb. (formerly were holding at $10.99.)

Also have about 300 gallon tank of live Dungenous Crabs, and a tank of catfish, local Blue Crabs selling for $1.99 lb. You pick male/females and fill your own bag.

Plenty of shrimp peeled/unpeeled.

They had a sale on Yellow Pompano, and seemed to be selling like hotcakes at $3.99/lb.

I love this place!
hungryone

Re: Hong Kong Market-seafood

Post by hungryone »

My favorites from the HKM seafood case: yellowfin tuna for between $6 and $8 a pound, and whole red/vermillion/lane snapper in the 3-4 lb range (perfect size, to me).
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

C, did you notice if they will steam a lobster or two on order?
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

This is the place on the Westbank basically next to Panda King Buffet (sorry to use that as a landmark)? I had no idea the seafood selection was so awesome.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

LO: yeah, the old Walmart. It's huge and there is a ton of great seafood and produce too.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Jeeves:
I don't know who C is, but I did not ask them. I actually had stopped at the Rouse on Belle Chasse Hwy to get on steamed, but the fish dude said the steamer crapped out. So, I headed to HKM to grab one there. I thought about asking, but did not. Just brought it home and berled it for 20 min. (2.25 lbs). Done. Delicious. Daughter mucho pleased.

And to hijack my own thread...the oysters at Felix tonight were great. Small, very salty, and quite a few langniappes!

Heard Cassamento's was great at lunch too!
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Oyster wrote:Jeeves:
I don't know who C is......
Oops! I meant you, but was thinking of Crawfish. Probably because those are my two favorite local seafoods. Thanks for the comeback. :)
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com