Felix's

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Oyster

Felix's

Post by Oyster »

Great evening at the oyster bar. Nice, ice cold fresh oysters, ice cold Dixies (just for the tradition...and it was great, though not as good as back in the day) and...best of all...watching the yankees lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man...great night!

Hope to do it again tomorrow! Well, without the yankees of course...
cahutch

Re: Felix's

Post by cahutch »

What size were the oysters? We ate at Acme last week and while I didn't expect pre spill size, they were so small we really couldn't enjoy them. Acme did give us 5 extra per dozen, but we were sorry we ordered 2 dozen without seeing them first.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Majority medium, with some very large, and a few small mixed in. They were very small, and extremely salty when they were serving the Apalachicola a few weeks/months back. These were very fresh, I hit them with a dash from salt shaker and they were fine. They come in a box, D.A. Fox, who has many beds in St. Bernard. Shucker still passed me 3 extras, even thogh they wern't that small.
expatorleanian

Post by expatorleanian »

Ordered a dozen raw recently at Luke, and were served exactly 12, some of which were normal sized, some no bigger than a quarter, and none what I would call large. I commented on the fact that they should've put a couple extras on the platter.
Pas Bon

Post by Pas Bon »

Oyster wrote: They were very small, and extremely salty when they were serving the Apalachicola a few weeks/months back.
This is what I had at Luke last week. Luckily it was happy hour.
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

expatorleanian wrote:Ordered a dozen raw recently at Luke, and were served exactly 12, some of which were normal sized, some no bigger than a quarter, and none what I would call large. I commented on the fact that they should've put a couple extras on the platter.
We had the same experience at Jaegers a few weeks ago. They did warn us they were small and the price was higher but I was still shocked at just how small they were and only getting 12. I didn't say anything but they could have slipped in at least 2 or 3 more.

Has anyone been to Casamento's yet this season? Passed by the other night and noticed they were open.