Liberty's Kitchen

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Gourmondo

Liberty's Kitchen

Post by Gourmondo »

So on jury duty today, only one group of folks was called to a court, so all the rest of us were dismissed en masse around 12:15. That means, if you park in the validated lot at Gravier and Broad, it will take you at least 30 min. just to exit the lot. Rather than bake in the queue, I decided to scope out eateries in the up-and-coming Tulane & Broad neighborhood. I was tempted by the "hot boudin" sign at the Banks St. Seafood place, but decided to see if the steak house I'd spied in passing on Broad was open. It wasn't. I considered getting bahn mi at EatWell, but instead decided to walk back towards Tulane and try out Liberty's Kitchen. It's neat and clean on the inside and the hostess was cheerful and friendly. I got the lunch special for $9 - catfish meuniere with pecans, popcorn rice and haricots verts. This was actually pretty good. The fish portion wasn't huge, but actually is the amount I should probably be eating. Service was prompt and I was suitably checked on by the hostess and proprietor. Not worth a journey, but the folks are nice and the food decent. If you find yourself on jury duty and having to forage for chow in this 'hood, you could do a lot worse.

http://www.libertyskitchen.org/
paz5559

Re: Liberty's Kitchen

Post by paz5559 »

I have been to an event they catered, and it was also quite good. The reason to go isn't just the food, however, it's the good cause they serve.
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
expatorleanian

Post by expatorleanian »

I've been wanting to go there, but if you're not already in the "neighborhood" for another reason, the parking can be discouraging.
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

FYI, they do have a few off-street parking spaces on the downtown side of the building.
expatorleanian

Post by expatorleanian »

Gourmondo wrote:FYI, they do have a few off-street parking spaces on the downtown side of the building.
thanks
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I eat there somewhat regularly and it's quite good. If I didn't serve the cause of justice, I would probably still eat there once in awhile.