American Sector

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Gourmondo

American Sector

Post by Gourmondo »

Three of us dined here for lunch today. I hadn't eaten there since opening night, scared away by negative reports. We were all pleasantly surprised. We sat outside and it was very pleasant. The crabmeat ravigote is a keeper, with a very light cream sauce, dill and this really tasty bacon they get from Tenn. The onion rings were missing something in the batter, a little too greasy and the dipping sauce was really too salty. The entrees included spaghetti and meatballs - nice big, spicy meatballs on al dente pasta. Wife got chicken fried steak (she can't help it, she's from Okla.) - a very nice rendition over rice. Crisp, tasty breading and tender meat. I had the hanger steak - this was actually quite good, cooked as ordered, served sliced over a bed of carmalized onions and mushrooms that was quite good. Service was cheerful, but slow. There were a lot of people there - which I was glad to see - which must have over-burdened the wait staff. It's not a place I'm in love with, by any means, but I will definitely be back at some point.
foodophyle

Re: American Sector

Post by foodophyle »

I had a lovely dinner there Friday night eating outside. We were not overly hungry so, my DC and I split the cheeseburger sliders which were really tasty and a special of buster crab. I had one two many of the French 75s which was wonderful, but I hardly remember the details regarding the crab special. Anyway, I will go back - the patio outside area is divine this time of year.
paz5559

Re: American Sector

Post by paz5559 »

I am in the minority, but I have found that almost every dish (other than the sliders) is a wierd modificatyion on what you expect, and not for the better. Others will tell you differently, but I would skip American Sector
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose