Agent 99

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Oyster

Agent 99

Post by Oyster »

Not a laughing matter had things turned out differently...but

Perhaps Agent 99 was in the house at Galatoire's for lunch today!?

From WWL-690:
"A woman in the foyer of the restaurant had a permitted weapon in her purse that accidentally discharged into an adjacent wall, when she dropped her purse. No one was injured.
Galatoire's management contacted the New Orleans Police Department to complete an incident report.
Business was uninterrupted."

Now here is the fun part, that can only happen in NOLA:
"Business was uninterupted"

Can't beat a Friday at Galatoire's!
Schuarta

Re: Agent 99

Post by Schuarta »

In other cities the restuarant would have to be evacuated, and all the passengers (whoops - patrons) would have to pass through security all over again. :D

Would you expect to see this Monday morning:

As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Gourmondo

Post by Gourmondo »

JAG is such a good customer, she got a pass.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

My Gun actually has a safety....
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

You'd be surprised how many times this actually happens. I've seen them over the years in surgery. Women usually shoot their foot; men, their butt.
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

At a recent brush-up course, given by Clint Smith of of Thunder Ranch, for senior SWAT officers - while dressing in the morning one "expert?" shoots himself in the leg. :confused:
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

A dropped gun actually happened to me and a friend just last year...in of all places...Schoen's Funeral Home!!! A beautiful Colt .44. Sucker hit the floor between me and my bud like a cinder block. Looked down, and it was pointing right at us! Luckily, it did not go off, although I can see where some economies of scale could have been recognized with the handling of the bodies in such close proximity to the embalming facilities...

The explanation from the yahoo sheriff that was the proud owner was "I was just showing it to the kid!" as he was holding a THREE YEAR OLD in one arm and trying to un-holster the monster .44 with the off hand. In a funeral home. Like a 3 year old needs to see that. Yeah, in a funeral home. Another of dozens of instantaneous flashes of your life terminating in the blink of an eye!

We quickly repaired to safe haven at Mandina's across Canal St., which made us feel much better! I remember that I had the Non-Turtle Turtle Soup. Not bad for Non-Turtle. Would not request as a last meal, but served well as a NOT Last meal!
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Well...it wasn't Barbara Feldon...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... _to_l.html

Funny comments accusing a John Young/Julie Quinn cover-up/conspiracy.