Katie Bar The Door?

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Isabella Maja

Re: Katie Bar The Door?

Post by Isabella Maja »

LiveOak wrote:I'm going to amend my earlier post in this thread. The food is still very good, but we went recently and it just happened to be pizza night. After over an hour we had nothing at the table, and when we flagged our waiter he showed up with part of our order. It was one of our pizzas and had been severely burned on the bottom and was inedible. It was clear they had somehow forgotten our order. Tables that came in twenty minutes after us managed to get their pizzas. We had our two year old with us who by that time was starving and not in a good mood (I spent the entire time outside with her patiently waiting and occupying her so we would not bother other diners), and we actually left without eating.
That sucks, LO. Sorry to hear it.
I'm hoping that was a fluke.
Dontcha hate it when one of your fav places messes up royally?

Last night one of my students told me he went to a restaurant that I highly recommended. He said the entrees were terrible as well as the atmosphere that night was very unpleasant & service was really bad. Not good!
I've been recently & indeed service has slipped or it was just a really bad night.

Hopefully, we can give our 2 joints another chance &
all will be well next time! How's ya mamandem?
LiveOak

Post by LiveOak »

Everybody's good, Isabella. Thanks for asking.

We'll probably give it another shot at some point. It's just that when we do get a chance to go somewhere we want to feel sure that it will be worth it.

When I get a chance I'll post about the fiasco we had at a very well known restaurant recently. Hilarious and infuriating all at once.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

LiveOak wrote:Everybody's good, Isabella. Thanks for asking.

It's just that when we do get a chance to go somewhere we want to feel sure that it will be worth it.

When I get a chance I'll post about the fiasco we had at a very well known restaurant recently. Hilarious and infuriating all at once.

Precisely! It was less important when I was younger.
Well, I'm not sure it has anything to do with age, actually, but I don't have the expendable time that I used to have (hmm, I bought a house!).
I guess my friends & I have settled down a bit & maybe that does come with age. We're dining out less frequently .... we are all really busy, some of us have gone back to school as well & free nights are at a premium.

I wonder how many restaurants & their staff realize that what they provide can make it or break it for an enjoyable night out. A recent experience was pretty darn pathetic and it's likely to be our last nice night out together til next year. :mad:

Glad to hear your family's doing well! PLease tell your mama hi for me.