Cafe East Coupon

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Low-N-Slow

Cafe East Coupon

Post by Low-N-Slow »

Worth looking out for: Got a Cafe East menu flyer in the mail today with a "20% Off Your Entire Check" coupon. (One coupon per party. Not valid on take out, lunch specials, happy hour or holidays.) Perhaps an oversight, but no expiration date. :thumb:
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
sore_bluto

Re: Cafe East Coupon

Post by sore_bluto »

Has anyone been to Cafe East recently (say, last 6 months)? I went back when it first opened and had a decent experience. The place fell off my radar, but then I decided to go back about 9 months ago. I went into the restaurant at about 5:45 on a weekday and the place was open, but empty. There were no customers or staff. After standing around for about a minute, we decided to turn around and leave. I thought that maybe the location had doomed the place, but apparently it is still open. What's up?
Low-N-Slow

Re: Cafe East Coupon

Post by Low-N-Slow »

It's been some time since we've been there, and I do remember thinking there didn't seem to be a lot of staff visible, but service was very good nonetheless. I also remember thinking we ate and drank well for what the check ultimately totalled. IIRC, the friends with whom we last dined there have been back, maybe within the last year, and I recall no complaints from them. For 20% off, I'd be willing to give it another try.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"