Last Minute Recs for Bay St. Louis, Gulfport Area

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
EatinAintCheatin

Last Minute Recs for Bay St. Louis, Gulfport Area

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Anybody have any recs? Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, Waveland would be best.

TIA
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
ratcheese

Re: Last Minute Recs for Bay St. Louis, Gulfport Area

Post by ratcheese »

This was the go to place before the storm. I haven't been there since but these are long time restaurant people, so I'm sure if they're open its still good. Unless something new has cropped up in Waveland/BSL, there really wasn't much there worth going out of your way for. Hope this helps.

http://www.vrazels.com/
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Sycamore House on Main St. near the beach in BSL. Upscale food, relaxed atmosphere. We liked it so much we ate there three out of four dinners. The pizza was fantastic but they have other stuff like fish, meat and chicken dishes. Desserts were great too. There's local art for sale at the bar. If you go for a second saturday art walk you will have a blast.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Oh and Trapani's new location is good too. Probably closer to Waveland than Sycamore House.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Ocean Springs may be out the way, but
Jocelyn's (used to be Trilby's way back in the day. Open since the 50's. One of those consistent classics)

Jocelyn's
1608 Bienville Boulevard
Ocean Springs, MS 69564
228-875-1925
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
EatinAintCheatin

Thanks for the recs. I was looking at Trapani's but got a little scared away by the reviews on tripadvisor.

I'm taking my parents, who live in Diamonhead, to dinner. I'm doing to do a little more research but Sycamore House sounds pretty cool, considering that my mother is an artist who quit painting many years ago.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Penny Lane

Post by Penny Lane »

Shaggy's is right on the beach in Pass Christian. It is very casual, outdoor dining, but their food is surprisingly good. If you want more upscale, the owners of Shaggy's just opened up a restaurant across the street called French Charley's. I have been wanting to go there, but haven't made it. Also, a great place in downtown Gulfport is the Half Shell Oyster House. I just ate there a couple of days ago and enjoyed it very much. They do Chargrilled Oysters which are very good. Their BBQ Shrimp is delicious. They also serve boiled Royal Reds which I have yet to try.
willifred

Post by willifred »

I know it won't do any good to live in the past, but if Waveland is your centerpoint, too bad Armand's is long gone. It was pretty much the best restaurant in that area.I miss it as much as most any restaurant that has gone by the wayside. Armand was the original chef at Gautreau's many many years ago.
EatinAintCheatin

I have the geriatric seating reserved at The Sycamore House. I love having my father and father-in-law both still with me. But damn it makes it hard on weekends like this.

Today, Diamonhead, tomorrow, Cut Off. My Father's Day starts tomorrow when I get home, around 7pm, with a strong pour of Pappy Van Winkle 107.

Thanks to all who contributed recs to me. Much appreciated....

EAC
- Redd Foxx
edible complex

Post by edible complex »

Blowfly Inn for on the water experience.
http://www.blowflyinn.com/
After Mon & Tues, even the calendar says W-T-F!
Mrs. Fury

Post by Mrs. Fury »

Edible, I love your signature. Eatin, please give me your honest review. I hope you won't have anything to complain about. I am almost scared to recommend places sometimes because ya never know. Holidays are rough.
I like kids. They taste like chicken.
www.ladayrides.com