Feelings Cafe

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
sirvelvet

Feelings Cafe

Post by sirvelvet »

I am thinking about going to Feelings Cafe this weekend on a date with my wife, but have never been. I have been on a date with my wife before, just never to Feelings Cafe.

Can anyone provide some info? What other restaurants is it like? Is it clubby? Friendly? How is the food? What are go-to items?

Thanks in advance.
bam bam

Re: Feelings Cafe

Post by bam bam »

It's been a number of years since I ate there, so I won't pull a Fitzmorris. Let me just say, that I think it's a great date place. The courtyard is very romantic and the restaurant is very quiet. If it is date atmosphere you want, you will get it there.

Let us know how it was, because I don't see it discussed too much on the local food boards. Apparently aboy can't make it out to the Marigny much.
Isabella Maja

Re: Feelings Cafe

Post by Isabella Maja »

I went for one of my birthday dinners in the last 6 months.
I enjoyed the duck entree I had which came with delicious asparagus.
We had several apps (maybe 7 of them, we were with a group of 6, celebrating 2 birthdays)

The food was good, courtyard lovely & a great piano player.
It was a Friday night. It's really a nice date place.
We all had a very lovely time.

Since we were there with a group, I didn't notice the other people or if it was clubby, but I would say no.
It had probably been over 20 yrs since I had been there.

Someone else suggested it & I don't know if I would have picked going there, but I would go back.
We all had lots of fun & there is nothing like a N.O. courtyard to set the mood!