Dorignac's 3 for $10 wine

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
EatinAintCheatin

Dorignac's 3 for $10 wine

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

There seems to be a bunch of different unrecognizable wines being offered for this deal. Has anyone tried any? Are there some Easter eggs hidden there?
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
flyinbayou

Re: Dorignac's 3 for $10 wine

Post by flyinbayou »

EAC, last year I was lucky enough to run into an employee that had spoken to Butch or Lenny and pointed out the wines they recommended. I picked up those and they drank like $15 and up bottles.
Maybe I can get lucky again. If not I will have to use the unscientific method of looking at what is selling the most and go from there. At $3.33/bottle, what's to lose?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

I haven't really scrutinized the current offering, nor asked Butch about any of it yet, but nothing jumped out at me on its own. I tried some that Butch recommended from a previous container load. While OK, it didn't make me go running back to buy up the rest. I do make a habit now of checking the display shelf at the end of the wine department facing the registers. I was able to catch the last two cases of the 2002 Foris Red Blend I wrote about before at 3/$10, plus a half case of the 2006 d'Arenberg Custodian Grenache-- an absolutely huge red-- which was also inexplicably 3/$10; it's now back on the regular shelf at $20.
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

Stopped in while running errands. Didn't see but one floor display off mostly whites, probably a dozen or so different wines. Nothing really did stand out. Last year had at least 2X that much if not more.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.