P & J's shucking last oysters today

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
chefairline

Re: P & J's shucking last oysters today

Post by chefairline »

Oyster wrote:You kind of made my point with "my supplier says he is the only one shucking oysters." Your first post said P&J not the only shuckers in town, now you say yours is the only one in town.

Call him and ask if he can deliver 60,000 per day. Oh...and since there is a Seafood Festival going on in the French Quarter, see if he can deliver an additional 150 sacks for the event.

I think not...

FB, nice article. Interesting fact on the Oyster Rock made with App's!
My supplier is not the only oyster company (shucker) in town, but my understanding is that, currently, he is the only one still shucking. No jive.

"60,000 a day" Is that oysters, gallons, sacks? Of course not, but who can?

FB: I also appreciate your enlighting explanation about oysters. What type are in Texas waters?
Celebrate New Orleans! Eat a po'boy, not a SUB.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

The 60,000/day would be oysters. Which is 5,000 dozen. Which would equate to approx. 333 sacks at 15 dozen/sack. Shucked/fresh delivery in sacks/sold at the house/online, everything handled. Whew! Another reason they start around 3 a.m.

...oh wait...until today...
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

chefairline wrote: FB: I also appreciate your enlighting explanation about oysters. What type are in Texas waters?
Crassostrea virginica.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Like a moth to a flame....like a crackhead to the last draw on the pipe...like the junkie to the last crumb melting in a spoon...

I bellied up to the bar at Felix tonight. Oysters and Dixie. I had to get a Dixie in these terrible times...nothing else would do...it was an assembly of all things good my last half century in this town. Yes, Dixie was not as it was, and now, sadly, neither are the oysters, but...

YIPEE KAY AEE!!!! WAHOO!!! EEEEEE- HAWWWWW! My oysters from Texas killed the withdrawals. A few were even a tad on the "salty" scale. I tried to snag a tag out of the BOX they dumped in the trough, but missed it and the next box did not have the tag in it. Wanted to get the lowdown on the source. Shucks! Missed it! (NPI!!) But, I enjoyed them, and they kept me from a swan dive from the CCC. God bless Texas for that!

I hate Keith Olber****, but I am thinking of starting a countdown until my next FRESH LA OYSTERS. If the oil gets up into Lake Borgne, it may be many, many years from now.

As the A-Bros said "Good Lord I feel like I'm dyin"

Oh...by the way...there was a very long line at Acme... :rolleyes: