Old Metairie Bistro

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
Bob B

Old Metairie Bistro

Post by Bob B »

Old Metairie Bistro

Many have been guessing what will replace New City Grille in the Metairie Road and Labarre Road triangle. The former chef has been maintained but is now GM. Our new chef Eric is fresh from chef de cuisine duties @ one of Natchez’s plantations and prior stints in Chicago as well as locally

Both chefs are anxious to demonstrate their experience in Progressive comfort foods, e.g.,Braised short ribs with truffle macaroni, and White beans with collards. The really appropriate “family style” of service is targeted for the corner segment of the dining room on Wednesday evenings. However, the menu is broad enough for traditional New Orleans

The targeted opening of June 1 is pending liquor permits.

Hope to see you there!
BTG

Re: Old Merairie Bistro

Post by BTG »

I am quite excited about the new place. Do you all plan to have any small plate servings in the bar or happy hour events, etc? Of course I will be coming to eat like a normal person, but I pass the place everyday coming home from work and would like to stop by the bar sometimes.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

Our new chef .....
Sounds like you're involved in this venture. Do you own the place? :confused:
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
BTG

Post by BTG »

NoNoNanette wrote:Sounds like you're involved in this venture. Do you own the place? :confused:
Owner or employee for sure.
I don't really have a problem with that. This wasn't one of those sneaky post that pretends they are just talking about a new place they heard about and then giving us the hours, address, phone number, etc along with a message to run out and try it right away.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

I don't really "have a problem" with that either. Just seems like free advertising to me. Kind of underhanded.....just not as blatant as your posted scenario. Maybe he should have put a disclaimer saying that he was affiliated and will eventually advertise on this site. Just a thought. :)
"Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference."
Bob B

Re: Old Metairie Bistro

Post by Bob B »

I have NO affiliation with this or any other restaurant! I am simply a cheerleader for many of our city's treasures:food, music, art etc.
NoNoNanette

Post by NoNoNanette »

restaurant revue wrote:I have NO affiliation with this or any other restaurant! I am simply a cheerleader for many of our city's treasures:food, music, art etc.
OK.... I guess that you just posted a news release? It read as if it was either a personal venture or an advertisement. "our chef" "anxious" "hope to see you there".

I wish the new business great success.
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

New City Grille closed?
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

NoNoNanette wrote:OK.... I guess that you just posted a news release? It read as if it was either a personal venture or an advertisement. "our chef" "anxious" "hope to see you there".

I wish the new business great success.
Nan, looks like RR cut & pasted from a news release.
Bob B

Post by Bob B »

I am surprised Isabella, knowing me, that you would make such an incorrect assumption. This is all my own posting.
I'