Pizza Delicious

New Orleans Loves Great Food & Drink, and Loves To Talk About It Even More!
paz5559

Pizza Delicious

Post by paz5559 »

Good Pizza in New Orleans - Yes, I know this sounds like an oxymoron, but I believe I have found the holy grail, and after only 7 years of looking! Kind-of an underground operation in the Marigny, only open on Sundays.

Folks have impeccable credentials (associated with Boucherie, from NY)

Place is called Pizza Delicious (http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-Orlea ... 790?ref=ts), (http://pizzadelicious.blogspot.com) (504.676.8482). I am not associated with these folks, but until now, have always characterized local offerings with a qualified "good for New Orleans"

The product these folks are putting out is good even by NY standards.
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
LauraMc

Re: Pizza Delicious

Post by LauraMc »

only open on Sunday?
Low-N-Slow

Post by Low-N-Slow »

LauraMc wrote:only open on Sunday?
Perhaps because Louisiana Dept of Revenue and Board of Health, by coincidence (or not), are closed on Sundays?
"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats. Hungry?"
paz5559

Post by paz5559 »

Actually, from what I understand, it is used as a commercial kitchen during the week, and Sunday's are the only day the space is currently available to them
"We dance when there is no music. We drink at funerals. We talk too much, and live too large and, frankly, we’re suspicious of those who don’t." -Chris Rose
TheSpecialMan

Post by TheSpecialMan »

I tried it out this past Sunday as well. As Paz said, it is a fully functional catering kitchen that is used by others the rest of the week. It is, however, in the Bywater in the 3300 block of N. Rampart, as opposed to the Marigny. I was afraid the operation would be a bit sketchy, but it was not at all. They have a take-out window where you can pick up the pies, and they are all very friendly. It doesn't look like it, as it is surrounded by houses, but the location is actually zoned for commercial uses, as historically there were small businesses all over the Bywater.
Check the website every Sunday for their menu of the day, then call and place your order whenever they start taking them, usually around 4:00 or 5:00. You can then tell them what time you'd like to pick it up, and they will make it to be ready for then. I say this because they often sell out if you wait until 7:00 or so to place your order.
As far as the pizza itself, they are all large 18" jobs with a nice thin crust. Certainly the most authentic NY-style I've found around town.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

Wonderful news! Thanks PAZ!
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

We have had 3 so far. All . . . . Delicious!

This past Sunday we had broccoli rabe with pancetta.
Tasty! I'm about to have a slice for lunch!
Schuarta

Post by Schuarta »

Is this place "take-out" only, or do they have tables?
As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
dansteino

Post by dansteino »

Schuarta wrote:Is this place "take-out" only, or do they have tables?
Take out only . . . but (if it is not busy) I am sure they will not mind if you start stuffing your face with slices of pizza and garlic knots at the take out window . . . as I have done on more than one occasion.

Great stuff. Highly recommended.
Isabella Maja

Post by Isabella Maja »

dansteino wrote:Take out only . . . but (if it is not busy) I am sure they will not mind if you start stuffing your face with slices of pizza and garlic knots at the take out window . . . as I have done on more than one occasion.

Great stuff. Highly recommended.
Ha Ha, I can just picture that Dan!
How are those garlic knots, btw?