Old Cat Teaching Himself New Tricks

Furry, Feathery, Or Finny Friends
Schuarta

Old Cat Teaching Himself New Tricks

Post by Schuarta »

At age 7 (49 in converted years), Sharky is busy teaching himself new tricks.

About two weeks ago he ceased using his fine, always filled, clean water bowl, and began drinking exclusively from the toilet. He must have picked this up from some dog movie on TV.

And then Monday, he decided he wanted to "look outside" from the piano lid, now his new observation point.

As John Wayne once said: "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
kcdixiecat

Re: Old Cat Teaching Himself New Tricks

Post by kcdixiecat »

My favorite cat ever..Dixie cat:p...his favorite place to drink water was the bathroom sink...he would race me to the bathroom every morning...and while I was washing my face and brushing my teeth...he'd play in the water. Sigh...I miss him.

Yes, I know Dixie is a female name...but I took poor little Dixie to have her spayed..the vet called back and told me he couldn't spay her...I was fit to be tied...then he said..."uh Trish..this cat has testicles"...That's been 15 years ago and he still teases me about it when I run into him.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

Mollie our cat only drinks from a glass of water on my husbands bedside table. It took me only once to see her do that and I no longer reach over to drink water at night! LOL

My husband is in charge of keeping her water glass full. Thankfully it is in a turvis tumbler and doesn't sweat or leave rings. She is also a noisy drinker and sometimes wakes us up and I find myself laughing. It is kinda cute......
Alex

Post by Alex »

A good cat lovers site:

mycathatesyou.com
Sine qua non
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

The pictures are really good.
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

My cat waits in the bathtub and the bathroom vanity for me to turn the water on. He has always loved running water (part Maine Coon). i bought him a drinking fountain hoping that would curb the faucet thing. No such luck. He just freaks when I have to take it apart to clean it and waits patiently for it to be back in service so he can drink out of it. He's almost 14 so I expect his proclivities will only worsen with age!
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.