JaMarcus Eats Himself Out of the League

All Sports Talk, All The Time. Please, No Wagering.
bam bam

JaMarcus Eats Himself Out of the League

Post by bam bam »

He is going to be released by the Raiders today.

I really wish I could find the post back from the 07 draft where I said that Russell "had bust written all over his forehead" and you Tiggers told me I was nuts and that he had all the physical tools to do well in the NFL. I thought it was on New Orleans.com but since they changed designs about 30 times since then, I don't know where to look.
Turbodog

Re: JaMarcus Eats Himself Out of the League

Post by Turbodog »

Obviously at this point, a huge bust. No doubt about that. He should have remained in college another year (instead of holding out and wasting a year). I still say he thew the prettiest/most accurate deep ball I ever saw. Bad situation in Oakland, exacerbated by a bad attitude and no work ethic on his part.
BTG

Post by BTG »

I can't remember which side of the debate I was on, but I still can't understand how teams/scouts can fck a pick up this bad. He had no business being a top ten pick for sure.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

Turbodog wrote:Obviously at this point, a huge bust. No doubt about that. He should have remained in college another year (instead of holding out and wasting a year). I still say he thew the prettiest/most accurate deep ball I ever saw. Bad situation in Oakland, exacerbated by a bad attitude and no work ethic on his part.
I watched JaMarcus played for LSU in the Superdome. I remember saying that he'd never make it in the pros because, though he had a cannon, his receivers constantly had to adjust and run to the ball. The pros are far too fast for that type of throwing.

I posted that here also and was also slammed. I'm going to look for it.

Here it is. With my warts and all...

http://www.nolaeats.com/forum/showthrea ... t=jamarcus
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
JRO

Post by JRO »

I heard a draft analyst say last week that when Jamarcus was at combine he interviewed him & walked away & thought his interview was nearly identical to interviews he had done with Aaron Brooks. It's obvious that strong arms don't make a pro QB, but you must have something going on above the shoulders. Jamarcus doesn't have that.
Backstrap

Post by Backstrap »

Ok, so he takes his 20 million and goes home.

Maybe not so dumb after all (or dumb lucky).
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
Shep

Post by Shep »

Russel getting very bad advice from family and old parasites. 20 million is a lot of money but he will be broke in 5 yrs. if history is any lesson.