Adding Picasa Slideshows

Official Proclamations & Various Exhortations
Admin

Adding Picasa Slideshows

Post by Admin »

Like other bbcodes, you have to put the important stuff between the and [/picasa ] tags. This bbcode has a button to automatically add the opening and closing tags to your post, but you still have to know a little trick. You will need to get the album ID number from the Picasa WebAlbum. It can be found as a really long number either in the RSS Feed link for the album, or in the link that shows when you click on the Share button in the album. Once you have it, it goes between the tags like so:

Code: Select all

[picasa]GOOGLE_ACCOUNT_NAME/albumid/THE_REALLY_LONG_NUMBER[/picasa ]
Note: there should be no spaces inside the bbcode tags, I had to put them in order for it to be displayed and not executed.

Lastly, and most importantly, you have to be logged in to your own Google account in order to use the Share button and see the really long number, which will appear at the end of the URL line of your browser once you do.
Jeeves

Re: Adding Picasa Slideshows

Post by Jeeves »

Well, I tried a number of times, but went down in flames each try. I'm just going to continue to post a link to my Picasa albums. Much quicker.
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com
Admin

Post by Admin »

Example:

Code: Select all

[PICASA]girlygirl2969/albumid/5287574987509496401[/picasa ] <- Space before ] "breaks" this code.
Result:
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

AHA! albumid is an actual part of the code and not an "album ID"! Sorry, that was beyond my meager computer comprehension. I try again!

VIOLA! Thanks, Admin! Image
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com