JudiB from Metry Writes, and Asks...

Help and Answers To Your Forum Questions
JudiB

JudiB from Metry Writes, and Asks...

Post by JudiB »

Admin!!

For the first time since this forum started, I got a rude response!! I'm miffed.

hahahaha.... just kidding.... I tried to start a new topic in this area and was told I had no such privileges. Now.... being a child of privilege, I'm not used to that!!

All I wanted to say was, I haven't been around too much lately, and I just noticed the D2 and aStore additions up there in the blue bar. VERY cool!!

Do purchases that I make there help you to defray the costs of the forum? I'd be delighted to make a couple, if that's the case. Also.... just assure me that if I do make purchases, my credit card number is safe, etc. :)

Thanks!! (cool stuff, I enjoyed the perusal) :)
JudiB
Eat, Drink and Be Merry.....
Admin

Re: JudiB from Metry Writes, and Asks...

Post by Admin »

The Announcements forum, as you have found, does not allow members to create new threads, only reply to them.

Thanks for noticing our additions. One, the aStore, was actually very easy. We set it up so it features items someone interested in New Orleans food, dining and cooking would find appealing.

The other, the D² ("Dining Directory" just takes up too much space on the nav bar), was a bit more work. We realized there were many places you could go online to look at lists of area restaurants, but we found none that you could directly and specifically search by any real variety of parameters. With the D², you can enter a name, street, municipality (Metairie, etc.), parish, locale (Eastbank, Uptown, Mid-City, etc.). Alternately, you can browse by cuisine, to which the majority of establishments listed have already been sub-categorized. You can also search by type of food. There is also a stripped-down, "fast find" version featured on the main website homepage, New Orleans Eats.

Additionally, the latest and best deals from our affiliated sponsors are featured on the Promotions page.

Purchases made through the aStore, or any Amazon link on the website or forum do generate a small referral fee that helps defray the cost of bringing you this site and forum, and at no additional charge to the purchaser. Since the links and aStore merely direct you to item pages on the Amazon website, we are not a party to the purchase transaction. You can feel confident in the knowledge that your personal information is just as secure as dealing directly with Amazon (which you actually are). We've, in fact, created a page that answers most all questions relating to the Amazon affiliate program, here: Amazon FAQ.