need a comeback from Bam

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
LauraMc

need a comeback from Bam

Post by LauraMc »

Hope BamBam is still around. I work with this weirdo who resorts to outrageous statements when caught in a lie or stumped in heated discussions. So far, I've been called prejudiced while talking about healthcare and the latest, when caught in a lie about what he said to a coworker, he proclaimed that I was completely incorrect in my assessment of the conversation and that it was because I hate men so much. I'm so flabber gasted when he blurts these random statements that I could not respond with anything other than "no, i don't" several times. What is a good comeback for such a moron that I can use and not get fired?
Dilfan

Re: need a comeback from Bam

Post by Dilfan »

LauraMc wrote:Hope BamBam is still around. I work with this weirdo who resorts to outrageous statements when caught in a lie or stumped in heated discussions. So far, I've been called prejudiced while talking about healthcare and the latest, when caught in a lie about what he said to a coworker, he proclaimed that I was completely incorrect in my assessment of the conversation and that it was because I hate men so much. I'm so flabber gasted when he blurts these random statements that I could not respond with anything other than "no, i don't" several times. What is a good comeback for such a moron that I can use and not get fired?
I'm not BamBam, nor do I play him on TV, but........
I would just tell this person that you don't hate men, you just can't stand liars, or those who tend to bend the facts. I have worked with similar people in the past, and I found it better to just bust out laughing at their remarks, especially in front of others, and reply with a simple "I hope you have evidence to back up your accusations; On second thought, maybe I'll go see someone in HR!
That usually will stop all future reoccurances.
Just my .02 worth,
John
Save Money NOW! - http://jselph.MyWorldDiscounts.com
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

Great comeback and it does make me feel better that I laughed at him instead of getting mad. And odd that you mentioned HR. He said something yesterday about going to HR because of something someone else and I just about fell out of my chair laughing and told him I'd be right behind him in HR to tell them how he treated people.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

You didn't ask me either but,
Don't engage or debate this person. I'd keep my opinions or thoughts on topics private and only talk about the weather etc totally avoid confrontation. The less you say, the less this person knows your thoughts, about you etc the better. Then the other person will be arguing with themselves. Don't incriminate yourself or retaliate.

If the person still attacks you, make note of the time and details in case you need to report it to a superior. If possible avoid one on one with the person and have witnesses/co workers around if you do need to verbally interact with this person.

Be very careful what you say, people can be very quirky and odd. Don't feed the troll so to speak.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

I try not to but there are 5 of us cooped up in this windowless tiny office. I had requested cubicle walls but we were told there is not enough space. So why are 5 of us in here?
I do keep a diary and I've called him out in front of our supervisor several times. She has had complaints from even some of our vendors. I figure he'll piss the wrong person off one day and be outta here.
cstoehr

Post by cstoehr »

It seems here that silence is the best policy. If everyone else knows this about the guy as it appears through your email then you don't need to say a word. They know yuo and they know him. Let him stew on that. I also hope others are "watching" him as I hope he isn't unstable for your sake.

I also agree with Suzy's previous post.