TSA "Pat Down" - Any Gender Choice?

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
Jerry

TSA "Pat Down" - Any Gender Choice?

Post by Jerry »

Has anyone gone through the new TSA "pat down" lately?

I am wondering if the traveler has a choice of same or opposite sex agent to touch your junk?

Would you prefer the same or opposite sex?

Would it matter if you're single or married?...traveling alone or with your partner?

:confused:
Jerry Sherlock / Jazz Boutique
JazzBoutique.net
justagirl

Re: TSA "Pat Down" - Any Gender Choice?

Post by justagirl »

I'll let you know Wednesday evening. My basic line of thought for Wednesday is whatever gets me through the line the fastest.

I am curious though, and not to be gross, but can they distinguish between a tampon and a bag of explosive convienently located in the same area? Not that I'm taking explosives on the plane via my 'junk' or anything.
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

TSA Bumper Stickers
(sorry, I cannot blow these up) Click on the image to enlarge it or click here for a link to the web site.
[ATTACH]161[/ATTACH]
Attachments
tsa.jpg
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

justagirl wrote:I am curious though, and not to be gross, but can they distinguish between a tampon and a bag of explosive convienently located in the same area? Not that I'm taking explosives on the plane via my 'junk' or anything.
Well, they're not allowed to perform cavity searches so the answer would be "no". However, the TSA, as most federal institutions, are always steps (or miles, years, etc) behind. It is perceivable that in the near future (or "rear" future if you prefer) this tactic may be incorporated by our enemies.

As for gender choice, I know that currently it is same sex pat-downs (except at smaller airports where TSA staff is limited). I'm not sure how they will handle the homo/bi-sexual issue that will be tested.

Personally, like my masseuse, I would prefer my agent to be female. The thought of being patted down by, say, Barney Frank, nauseates me. I am sure some females prefer male OB/GYNs so I see no difference here. The choice should be up to the customer/flyer.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

JAG, I never thought of that. What if you're a maxi-pad person, they could think that was something.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

Interesting comments from Rafi Sela who has been working in Israeli security for 30 years and at Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion International Airport, which has some of the toughest security in the world:

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Full ... story.html
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

I was thinking more of the "mass" that would show in the scanner....how would anyone know the difference?
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

I was recently patted down and "carresses-ness of the boobs" in San Diego on a return flight here. I was not happy, but I figured the alternative would be too time consuming. My scotch in the crown room was waiting for me.

I was more disturbed when the made me take off all my jewerly. diamond watch, two diamond rings, three diamond bracelets, diamond necklace.... then put me in an about face to a scanner, back to the jewerly, then on to the women scanner/ feeler upper, all the while my diamonds were sitting in a bowl. I was screaming to my husband to collect my jewerly while they had their way with me.

My friend (a male) had this happen recently, and guess what, he turned around and the Rolex was gone. TSA....huh...not our problem.

Many of ya'll here know me, do I really look like a terrorist????? I was a little pissed, but the scotch helped matters out.
Yvette
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

After 9/11, I attempted to support the Bush Administration's legislative initiatives to help the government support the war on terror. The one thing I refused to support was the TSA. This was more of Bush's "work with the Democrats" by creating a boatload of federal employees.

Little did I know that less than years later this agency would be the biggest threat to our freedom since Pearl Harbor.

It is clear that the only solution is a private sector security team paid for and hired by the Airlines.
Suzy Wong

Post by Suzy Wong »

@Yvette, With all the security cameras inside, aimed on passengers and employees and outside of airports even, there wasn't one where someone places their valuables and /or on the agents themselves. Sounds odd....At the very least his watch was no doubt insured.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.—Albert Einstein