TSA "Pat Down" - Any Gender Choice?

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
justagirl

Re: TSA "Pat Down" - Any Gender Choice?

Post by justagirl »

Yvette, what about earings? My mom is traveling tomorrow and she's got a root vegetable in each ear....any advice?
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Yvette

Re: TSA "Pat Down" - Any Gender Choice?

Post by Yvette »

Suzy Wong wrote:@Yvette, With all the security cameras inside, aimed on passengers and employees and outside of airports even, there wasn't one where someone places their valuables and /or on the agents themselves. Sounds odd....At the very least his watch was no doubt insured.
I asked the same exact question. TSA told him they do not follow the belongings coming out of the belt. They had that "I saw nothing stare in the headlights look" They told him he was basically SOL...file a claim.

BTW, there were two people working...looking at the scanners belt...hummm, two people are not needed.

I will reconfirm this story when I see him next Wednesday, and find out what was the outcome of the claim.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

justagirl wrote:Yvette, what about earings? My mom is traveling tomorrow and she's got a root vegetable in each ear....any advice?
Funny thing...no, they did not ask me to take off my earrings. Which matched the bracelet and necklace I had on.

Have a great trip BTW, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Yvette