entergy#%&*&^!!

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
LauraMc

entergy#%&*&^!!

Post by LauraMc »

When I bought my house in Old Jeff in 2006, our power went out once a week. It wasn't for long and there was lots of construction. Last year, it seemed to improve but every few months, a transformer would blow. Now, I step out of the shower this morning and BOOM, out for the third time in the past 6 weeks. It doesn't go out when it rains or the weather's bad. Just when the weather is nice.
On the Entergy outage page, it's always 41 houses on the two block stretch around us. I know they have replaced the transformer, the pole and the lines themselves. I just don't understand why it keeps happening.
Ok, that's my rant. I'm ready to work now with my makeup and hair done in the dark. Thank goodness no meetings today.
EatinAintCheatin

Re: entergy#%&*&^!!

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

My guess is that you have tons of squirrels in your neighborhood that are eating the lead vent covers on the pipes on your roof. That makes the especially stupid and they fry themselves across the high voltage transformer terminals. Just be glad they don't use PCB's in the transformer any more.

And if you happen upon a fried squirrel, I hear they make good eating.
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
LauraMc

Re: entergy#%&*&^!!

Post by LauraMc »

I thought about that but it doesn't make sense. It's only our side of the street that gets zapped. The people across the street and behind us never have this problem. And they have more trees!