Disturbing video of Oil on Fort Walton Beach

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
RouxTheDay

Disturbing video of Oil on Fort Walton Beach

Post by RouxTheDay »

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-460996?hpt=T1

I also heard that Destin pass was closed.
peychaud

Re: Disturbing video of Oil on Fort Walton Beach

Post by peychaud »

Regardless, I think we all still owe BP a big apology.
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

peychaud wrote:Regardless, I think we all still owe BP a big apology.
WTF?????

Sarcasm??????
mojo

Post by mojo »

Maybe you missed this.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=13 ... id=3510203

"In an energy committee of the congress on Thursday, Texas Rep. Joe Barton apologized to Hayward because BP had to agree to a deal to set up a 20-billion-dollar fund for Gulf damage claims."
flyinbayou

Post by flyinbayou »

Let's see where that 20 billion goes.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

I have no love for BP. I abhor their practice of crony capitalism. And while I don't think we owe BP an apology. The establishment of an extra-judicial compensation fund outside of a well defined and codified claims process run by an administration hack who is being sold as an "independent" third party is further evidence of the Obama administration's disdain for the prevailing legal order because it interferes with their grand scheme for redistribution.
Shep

Post by Shep »

We are a nation of laws and due process, we have a Constitution. The muslim murderer at Ft Hood is still the alleged killer until he gets his day in court. His sentence of life or death is not given him before his day in court, even the mastermind of the 9/11 attack gets his trial then the sentence. The president naming his hack Fineberg to be the "independent" in charge of this fund is a stupid move on his part. Someone, somewhere will have to explain why the skimmer ships from the Dutch and booms from Japan etc was not used. Even the President's biggest a$$ kissing journalist, Eugene Robinson had to admit how stupid this appears. Obama's actions have to be characterized as extremely incompetent or intentional to further an agenda, you are free to choose which. Barton put himself in the unenviable position of standing up for the Constitution and the rule of law under the worse conditions. Thad Allen has performed as well as when he was second in command for Brownie during the Bush response to Katrina, you can be the judge of that. I repeat, Obama is either the most incompetent President ever or the result is exactly what he wished for, to be able to further his "broader view" for the country.