Is Fitzmorris Delusional?

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
globe9

Is Fitzmorris Delusional?

Post by globe9 »

I read many message boards related to food throughout the day, with the top 3 being this one, tigerdroppings food forum(very active and quite a few new orleans area posts), and Tom Fitzmorris'.

Right now on TF's there is a thread titled "How Very, Very Sad" where a poster laments about oysters and the oil spill. Tom replies stating that he thinks by the time we get to Thanksgiving of this year, we will have oysters and every other kind of seafood "aplenty" and not contaminated either. Do you think Tom really believes this? I just can't believe that he thinks everything will be fine come November. Is the guy just plain delusional or what? This isn't the first post where he's stated this opinion either.

I can't recall if it was in his newsletter or in another post, but he basically went on to call everyone stupid for thinking that this BP spill thing was that big of a deal...of course this was about a month ago. I'm thinking his stance must've changed somewhat as how can even he deny the destruction this oil is committing?

Just had to get this off my chest as I can't believe a New Orleanian feels this way(sure maybe some guy from Peoria or something, but a true New Orleanian should be heartbroken). It also really pisses me off that he posts these things b/c some of his less intelligent readers(that Aboy guy, etc.) may actually believe the things he writes and become severely disappointed come Thanksgiving.
Oyster

Re: Is Fitzmorris Delusional?

Post by Oyster »

globe9 wrote:Is the guy just plain delusional or what? This isn't the first post where he's stated this opinion either.
He's an idiot. IMHO.

It is just more of his Act like nothing happened! delusional spiel after Katrina. Where oil hits oyster beds, the oysters will die. Where the salinity levels drop due to increased fresh water diversion flow, the oysters will die. They will eventually be re-planted. A new crop will be marketable about 3 years later.

The problem is where and when the lagging oily patches start to cease rolling ashore. We are a long way from that. John Schnell has been in Alaska, and they were discussing how long this will take to clear. We are talking many, many years. He walked on a sand beach, and you could still see an oily sheen in his boot print this many years later.

Not good Larry...not good at all...
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

I looked at the title of this thread and thought "Well, DUH!". Of course, we all know I can't stand the guy for going on 25 years now.
I was watching something on the Food Channel or Discovery or one of those and there was a woman who was an oyster farmer with her own tanks. I can't remember where she was located but she supplied exclusively to some places. It was like catfish farming, only it was oysters. She had these huge tanks and looked like a booming business.
globe9

Post by globe9 »

I agree Oyster. It's not good at all, but I can't figure out whether he really believes his own nonsense. I actually don't think he does, and that he's just trying to keep everyone "positive", but this Pollyanna stance is doing all of his idiotic readers a disservice, b/c they probably believe his line of drivel.

I was tempted to call him on this foolishness, but he would just delete the thread and/or ban me from his board.
Wonder what excuse he'll have come Thanksgiving for why there are no La. oysters in the oyster dressing?
Alex

Post by Alex »

"act like nothing happened"
Sine qua non
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Globe: "I was tempted to call him on this foolishness, but he would just delete the thread and/or ban me from his board."

And this would be bad how??? :D

Globe:"Wonder what excuse he'll have come Thanksgiving for why there are no La. oysters in the oyster dressing?"

Remember Globe, he hates Oyster Dressing. He makes his Oyster Bienville and serves that up. He even told the Washington Post what a horrid dish Oyster Dressing for 2005 Thanksgiving while in exile from Katrina. No explanation why he didn't just Act like nothing happened! and remain in New Orleans. DUH again!

He gets off by trying to play like he thinks opposite of the mainstream. He is too dumb to recognize when he is dead wrong. Remember the Bowl of Gumbo being more recognizable than the Dome? The only one of a handfull of people that ignored the Saints drive to the Superbowl? The Act like nothing happened!?

Why, just a few weeks back, he stated that the Drago's Grilled Mussel substitute may just be a much better dish than their original Char-Broiled Oysters! Come on. That's just dumb. But...If he can get Tommy to pay him to say that in commercials....
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

[quote="Oyster"]

Well...quite strange to quote my own post...but just wanted to refresh and confirm that the commercial is on air! Yep! The Dean might even think that the char grilled mussels are a better dish than the original char grilled oysters.

Give me a freakin break!

I hope he doesn't have to rerun that one for the next 20 years.

Oh...one more thing: Check please!
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

TF is a pimp for certain restaurants. He will do or say anything.
Titchou

Post by Titchou »

Now, LauraMc, how can you say that when we were such faves of his back in the day, Sister Harpy.....
For the Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady
are sisters under the skin.
bam bam

Post by bam bam »

After his advertisements for Catch and his shilling for char grilled mussels, I really can't see how he has any credibility left whatsoever. The Emperor truly has no clothes. And that's how aboy likes it.