Teaching kids to beg

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
flyinbayou

Re: Teaching kids to beg

Post by flyinbayou »

#7 touched on what I was thinking. Kids shaking cups with the stated purpose of helping them travel somewhere to compete in competition or dance or...

Why do these kids have to travel, often to vacation resorts, to play anything? Have they already worked through the entire city/region/state of competition? And when they do travel, why isn't it to Fayetteville, AR or Jackson, MS?
I'll tell you why, although I'm sure you already know. The games/activities are a incidental. What they are really asking you to subsidize are their vacations! Disney, ever so smart, even created a sports complex that caters to many of these competitions, including cheer and dance.
So, while I find the low lifes using their kids for bait begging for their source of income despicable, I find begging to "help send our kid's team to compete in..." just as insidious.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
EatinAintCheatin

Post by EatinAintCheatin »

I must admit. I am surprised. So far I agree with all the responses. But it seems that we don't represent the general public. Or the general public doesn't understand that they are "pimping out their kids."

I'm tempted to make a sign similar to the ones you frequently see in Fisherman's Warf in S.F.

"Why lie, I need beer money."

But my sign, which I want to offer to the kids parents, would say:

"Why lie, I'm too lazy to teach my kids the value of money and work ethic. Please help them go to Disney for free."

Or maybe I should get a group of friends and stand next to the kids and parents with these signs. Man would that be fun....
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
- Redd Foxx
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I sniff haughtily at them and pharte in their general direction! :cool:
Jeeves (Po-Boys Forever!)
www.ladayrides.com