Now that Pearl Jam has played Jazzfest...who

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
bam bam

Now that Pearl Jam has played Jazzfest...who

Post by bam bam »

would bam bam like to see headline?

I know it would never happen but I would give my left nut to see Public Enemy. Golden Earring would be second. They could do a 40 minute rendition of Radar Love. But realistically, I guess I'd like to see Green Day.
Backstrap

Re: Now that Pearl Jam has played Jazzfest...who

Post by Backstrap »

Personally I was hoping for an Iron Butterfly or Strawberry Alarm Clock set.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson
LauraMc

Post by LauraMc »

bam bam wrote:would bam bam like to see headline?

I know it would never happen but I would give my left nut to see Public Enemy. Golden Earring would be second. They could do a 40 minute rendition of Radar Love. But realistically, I guess I'd like to see Green Day.
How drunk are you? I was over at the Gentilly Stage with the rest of the old folks listening to Jeff Beck. :p
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

I would love to see the Old 97's play jazzfest.
justagirl

Post by justagirl »

Old 97's played the Austin City Limits fest in....I'm guessing it was 2003ish, I'll have to look at my tshirt. Anyway, there were some great acts that weekend but they totally stole the show. Sandra bullock was even at their night show.

I've seen them a few times since but that was by far the best ever!
“I'm sure when Peyton Manning was growing up he always wanted to throw the TD pass that gave the Saints a Super Bowl win," Jorge Arangure wrote. "Now he has."
Turbodog

Post by Turbodog »

Always a great live act. I would love to see thm play in front of a really large crowd, who was not familar with their music. They blow away most any act touring these days. Especially the acts at Jazzfest. I applaud some of the bookings (Dead Weather, Steel Pulse, Steve Martion, Old Crow Medicine Show, Avett Brothers, Racontuers, etc., but the lame ass bookings like Pearl jam, Widespread Panic, Aretha Franklin (who really cares about that anyway), etc. that are prevalent, are nothign to get excited about. It is why I think FQ Fest is the new leader in local festivals. all of the good local stuff, without the boring has beens that Jazzfest thinks are exciting. Oh, and FQ Fest is FREE, not $60 at the door). I really think JF has crossed over the line with its pricing. I have numeorus friends that typically attend most every day. No one in my close circle of everyday fest goers went more than three days this year, except my 18 year old son, who went every day but one (with his daddy's tickets and money).