Annual bitch session about the CCC...

Off Topic Discussions Go Here. Keep It Clean. Keep It Sane. Play Nice. Relax.
BTG

Annual bitch session about the CCC...

Post by BTG »

Pretty damn strong turnout today for the classic, but a very weak one for my out of shape ass.
As usual, I have to make my comments about the stupidity and lack of common sense among some of the participants and race organizers.
* I will give some people the pass that they just might not be "aware" of what is going on at the start of the race and they somehow end up walking at the start in front of 5,000 people who are trying to run. Generally walkers start at the back. But when you are WALKING as a group of 4 side by side, you are as a group are all idiots. Special kudos to the sweet couple who thought holding hands was a nice touch. I would have kicked the guy down as I ran by, but his hip probably would have shattered into several pieces.

* A very special idiot award goes to the guy pushing the double stroller on a course with 18,000 or so people. It was really great when at mile six he comes along and tries to make up time. I heard him yelling that he was trying to pass to one lady as he almost caused her to fall. Then 15 seconds later he did run into a woman and she tripped into him and caused him to run up onto the curb. His tire looked bent at first, which gave me great pleasure, but then he stopped and fixed it and carried on with his sprint to the finish line weaving in and out of people. If you really care about how fast you finish, please leave the damn stroller at home.

* We had a nice setting for the post race party and such, but could the people in charge have maybe thought about putting out more than 20 or so small garbage boxes? They boxes were full and overflowing about an hour into the party and before long it was a total cluster with trash just thrown all over the place. Disgusting.

* The parking ticket situation on Marconi is comical. Back in November, without any warning they ticketed a thousand or so cars for parking on the neutral ground. These people were there for a charity event and many were from out of town. There are very few signs that let people know not to park in that area, and the folks from out of town really don't know of the law here.

I know some warning was given this time, but it still just seems dumb. You have 22,000 people signed up for this race and parking almost doesn't exist around City Park on race day. The shuttle logistics is a joke as I and many people I know have missed the start of the race once in the last few years.
bdavid

Re: Annual bitch session about the CCC...

Post by bdavid »

Agree on all counts. If you are using the CCC as a venue for a Sunday stroll, move over, start at the back, whatever. We saw that idiot with the double stroller too, what an inconsiderate fool. I got a little tired of those loud people throwing jello shots all over the road, also, while they dragged their sound system and ice chest. There were nowhere near enough rubbish bins at the end and the mess was horrific - I feel so sorry for the cleanup crew. Re the parking - pretty sad - however we had no trouble finding street parking within a short distance of Marconi. I liked the story of the guy who parked on the neutral ground but took the precaution of removing his windscreen wipers - no ticket!